Celestron CGEM 925 9.25" Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope -
CGEM - 925 - General Features.
• 9.25" Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope.
• CGEM Computerized Equatorial Mount.
• Schmidt-Cassegrain mechanism that moves the primary mirror to adjust focus is supported by two pre-loaded ball bearings, minimizing the "mirror flop" typical of bushing focus mechanisms.
• Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings.
• 6x30 finderscope to help accurately find objects.
• Ultra Sturdy 2" steel tripod with Accessory Tray.
• Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky.
CGEM - 925 - Computerized Mount Features.
• 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects.
• Proven NexStar computer control technology.
• New "All-star" Polar alignment uses any bright star for a quick and accurate Polar alignment.
• Software Features include: Mount Calibration, Database Filter Limits, Hibernate, five Alignment Procedures.
• Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet.
• Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number: the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable star; solar systems; objects and asterisms.
• Permanent programmable periodic error correction (PEC) - corrects for periodic tracking errors inherent to all worm drives.
• Drive Motors - Low Cog DC Servo motor with integrated optical encoders offer smooth, quiet operation and long life. The motor armatures are skewed to minimize cogging which is required for low speed tracking.
• Internal Cable wiring for trouble-free setup and transportation.
• Designated six-pin RJ-12 modular jack, ST-4 compatible guide port.
• Autoguide port and auxiliary ports located on the electronic plate for long exposure astrophotography.
• Double-line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features.
• RS-232 communication port on hand to control the telescope via a personal computer.
• Includes NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer.
• Secure power plug ensures that the Mount's power source is not accidentally disconnected.
• GPS compatible with optional CN16 GPS Accessory.
• Precision machined 40mm diameter steel Polar shafts supported by multiple tapered roller bearings and ball bearings.