Celestron CPC Deluxe 925 HD Computerized Telescope -
New optical design, advanced features and GOTO accuracy. You get the s nepicture.
Celestron's 9.25 optical system has enjoyed a loyal following since we first introduced it with our Ultima 9.25 in 1995. Now the 9.25 optical tube is even better with the addition of EdgeHD optics. The 9.25 is a favorite among astro imagers and discerning visual observers, and it offering 33% more light gathering than our 8" model. CPC Deluxe 925 HD is specifically designed for astro imaging and optimized to reduce aberration across a wide field of view. This feature packed model comes standardwith Celestron's renowned StarBright XLT multi-coatings and is compatible with acomplete line of Celestron photographic and visual accessories.
New Optical Design.
The EdgeHD optical system combines all of the compact power popularized by the SCT with an improved high definition optical system for wide field, astrograph quality images. As a visual instrument, EdgeHD optics deliver pinpoint images even with your widest field eyepiece. You can search for all of the Messier Catalog objects, and see hundreds of other NGC, IC and Caldwell objects with amazing clarity. For astro imaging, EdgeHD optics produce aberration-free images across your favorite CCD or DSLR camera. All EdgeHD optics are designed to produce an extremely flat focal plane precise enough to match the strict tolerances of the largest commercial CCD detectors, allowing stars to be in tight focus to the very edge of the chip.
Internal GPS The CPC Deluxe HD Series' internal GPS receiver automatically downloads the date and time from orbiting satellites and pinpoints its exact location on Earth. This eliminates the need for you to manually enter the date, time, longitude and latitude.
Celestron's Revolutionary SkyAlign Once the CPC's internal GPS has established the telescope's position, aligning the telescope is as easy as 1-2-3! Simply locate and use the hand control to manually point (slew) the telescope to three bright celestial objects. You do not need to know the names of the stars you may even pick the Moon or bright planets! Celestron's NexStar software technology will model the night sky to determine the position of every star, planet and celestial object above the horizon. Once aligned, the remote hand control allows direct access to each of the celestial catalogs in its user-friendly database.
Celestial Object Database The CPC database contains over 40,000 celestial objects including Messier objects, the Caldwell Catalog, as well as NGC Galaxies, nebulae and planets. User-definable filter limits make navigating through this expansive database quicker and easier. Filter Limits let you filter out objects that are outside of your local horizon (ie, if trees or mountains were in the way). There's also "Solar Sys Align" that lets you align on the Sun or Moon for daytime observing -- it is easy to use this to see planets or bright stars in the day.
Luminos Eyepiece CPC Deluxe 925 HD comes with Celestron's top of the line, wide field eyepiece. With a 23 mm focal length and 82° AFOV, you get an incredible combination of power and wide field of view. Plus each Luminos eyepiece is optimized to deliver pin point images when used with a flat field telescope.
What makes the CPC Deluxe 9.25 HD unique for astro imaging?
• Longer focal length primary, and lower magnification secondary, creates a focal plane nine times flatter than a traditional Schmidt-Cassegrain with less coma and off-axis astigmatism.
• Internal baffle design optimized for astrophotography. Minimizes vignetting at the edge of the field of view. This reduces light drop off at the corners of your image plane
Support and Cushioning:
- Mirror Support Knobs hold the mirror in place and reduces image shift during imaging.
- Ergonomic design allows you to comfortably lift and move the telescope from location to location
- Star diagonal provides a more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- Re-designed electronics deliver constant regulated power to the motors making them capable of driving the telescope even when not perfectly balanced
- Computer assisted All-Star polar-alignment
- NexRemote telescope control software and RS-232 cable included for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- Heavy-duty tripod makes attaching the telescope so easy you can do it in the dark; also features sturdy 2" stainless steel legs and accessory tray
- 23 mm, 82 degree Luminos Eyepiece - 2"
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar system objects and asterisms
- EdgeHD Optics
- 50mm finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Re-designed drive base and drive mechanics with spring loaded RA worm block withenveloping brass teeth
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, providing a fast and easy alignment process
- Convenient remote hand control holder allows you to view information hands-free while using the scope
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as Autoguider
- Fully computerized dual fork arm Altazimuth mount
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- CPC Deluxe 925 HD - Computerized Mount Features