Celestron NexStar 102 SLT 102mm (4") diameter Refractor Telescope with Motorized Altazimuth Mount & 4 000+ Object Database -
The popularity of Celestron's previous short tube refractor models inspired us to go a step further with the introduction of Celestron's NexStar 102 SLT. You'll find that astronomical viewing is a delight with this large, powerful 4" telescope. The 102 SLT offers a 63% increase in image brightness over 80mm models. This short-tube telescope with a fast f/6 optical system gives images that are bright and crisp. And the 102 SLT, like the other models in the SLT Series, comes with a fully computerized hand control with a database of over 4,000 celestial objects! With its pre-assembled, adjustable steel tripod, the NexStar 102 SLT can be up and ready to use in a matter of minutes. The SkyAlign alignment technology and the included StarPointer Finderscope with a red LED makes aligning a breeze.
Because of its wide 1.7 ° field of view, the NexStar 102 SLT is optimal for scanning large areas of the sky and for superb terrestrial (land) viewing. A wonderful entry to mid-level astronomical scope, with the use of an optional erect image diagonal, the 102 SLT can also be used as a land-based spotting telescope.
- Control software for controlling your telescope via computer
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making
- U.S. and International city database to easily set your location
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units.
- Comes with "The Sky" Level 1 planetarium software and NSOL telescope
- Sturdy stainless steel tripod
- Internal battery compartment to prevent cord wrap during use
- Computerized hand control with 4,000+ object database
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as GPS accessory
- no tool set up
- StarPointer finderscope to help with alignment
- for a fast and easy alignment process
- Quick-release fork arm mount, optical tube and accessory tray for quick
- Motorized altazimuth mount and fully computerized hand control