Celestron NexStar 6 SE Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope Special Edition Package with Orange Tube & XLT Coatings -
Astronomy made simple...Let a NexStar SE help you find thousands of stars, planets galaxies and more at the touch of a button!
In the tradition of Celestron's famous orange optical tubes, the new NexStar SE Family combines the classic heritage of the original orange tube telescopes with state-of-the-art features including a fully computerized operating system, flash upgradeable hand control, superior coatings, the revolutionary SkyAlign telescope alignment software and much more.
With the NexStar SE, you are in the driver's seat. Simply choose an object from the menu and the telescope will find it for you. Using the patented NexStar technology, the SE scopes have the ability to locate nearly 40,000 objects. All you have to do is look through the eyepiece and enjoy the view!
Don't know what object to choose? Let the intelligent NexStar SE give you a guided tour of the night sky! The Tour feature offers a customized list of the best objects in the sky to view for your exact time and location anywhere in the world!
Not only can your NexStar SE find objects, it can teach you about them as well. Information on the most popular objects can be viewed in the LCD screen of your hand control.
Whether you are a seasoned astronomer looking for a portable scope with advanced features, or just starting your astronomy adventure and looking for an easy way to enjoy the night sky, a NexStar SE will help you take a closer look.
Celestron's Revolutionary SkyAlign:
The days of complicated telescope assembly and setup are over. NexStar SE telescopes can be set up in a matter of minutes with no tools required! Using Celestron's patented SkyAlign, simply input the date, time and location into the hand control then point the telescope at any three bright celestial objects and the telescope does the rest. You do not need to know the names of the stars, you can even pick the moon or bright planets.
- StarBright XLT enhanced coatings for maximum light transmission and clarity
- Quick release optical tube for easy no-tool setup
- Flash upgradeable hand control; update your telescope's operating software via the internet
- Internal battery compartment to prevent cord wrap during use
- Computerized hand control with nearly 40,000 object database & motorized altazimuth mount
- Includes NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright objects, for a fast & easy alignment process
- "THE SKY" Planetarium software with 10,000 object database, printable sky maps & enhanced images
- StarPointer finderscope to help with alignment and accurately locating objects