Convergent Design Gemini 4:2:2/4:4:4 Uncompressed HD Video Recorder - BUNDLE - with Two 512GB 1.8" SSDs and ARRIRAW Firmare Upgrade -
The Gemini 4:4:4 combines a small (5") touch screen monitor with an uncompressed HD recorder. The recorder supports HD-SDI, Dual Link and 3G-SDI inputs. It records to one or two 1.8" solid state hard drives. Just about every HD format is supported up to 2k in resolution in both the 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 color space.
Additionally, it is an incredibly light and small device, weighting in at around half a pound and just about 5" wide by 1" thick (5.4 x 4.5 x 1.1"). The built-in touch screen controls the unit and also acts as an on-board monitor. The power draw is a very low 8 to 15 watts, which varies because of the monitor brightness and shooting mode.
- Touch Sensitive menu system with user-defined presets and customizable level of on-screen data
- Video can be recorded with or without burned-in LUTs, on individual drive basis
- Play, Rewind, Fast-Forward, Pause and Step Control
- Reference image overlay (aka onion skinning) planned in future firmware release
- Record video simultaneously to both SSD drives (backup) or span drives (for longer record times)
- User programmable over/under crank, time-lapse, 3:2 and 2:2 pulldown removal, on-screen tally
- Up to four channels of embedded audio per HD-SDI stream can be recorded in uncompressed, 24-bit, 48kHz format (16 channel in future firmware)