Cullman Magnesit 525C Carbon Fiber Tripod Leg Set Supports: 13.2 lbs Max Height 60" -
The Cullmann Magnesit 525C Tripod Legs is an intelligently-designed standard class tripod meant for use with SLR cameras and the typical lenses serious enthusiasts would use, such as a semi-professional SLR with an f/2.8 constant aperture telephoto zoom lens.
Though the 13.2 lbs (6kg) support rating's officially identical to the aluminum 525 model (Cullmann primarily rates tripods' load ratings based upon maximum size of tubing), in practice the carbon fiber 525C has some practical advantages: it is lighter, easier handled in cold weather and reaches a 'dead stop' after being exposed to jarring action more quickly than its aluminum counterpart.
The Magnesit 525C reaches a maximum height of a hair over 5', collapses to a tidy 20" (51cm) and thanks to the independent leg spread and 2-part center column can operate at a very low working height of just over 6". The 525's crown has a special design which mates with Cullmann's Magnesit Nm series ball heads in a locking, 100% secure fashion.
The 525C is named the 'Magnesit' because of its extensive use of magnesium in the casings and fittings. Magnesium's a light and stable metal, helping to contribute to the great weight of just 3.53 pounds.
- Foam-padded upper leg segments ease handling in cold and carrying upon shoulder
- Maximum upper leg diameter of 25mm
- Magnesium and carbon fiber combination
- Crown designed with ridges that perfectly mate to underside of Cullmann's Magnesit ball heads
- Retractable spikes for use upon soft ground
- Individual leg angle locks and detachable center column allow excellent minimum working height
- Weight hook at bottom of center column for aided stability