D-Link EasySmart 8-Port Gigabit POE Switch -
The D-Link EasySmart 8-Port Gigabit POE Switch provides an affordable solution for SOHOs, small/medium-sized businesses, as well as enterprise deployments, such as in branch offices that require simple network management. The DGS-1100 Series consists of 5, 8, 16 and 24 10/100/1000Mbps port models. The 5 and 8 port models come in a compact desktop enclosure, while the 16 and 24 port models come in a compact 11" desktop/rackmount enclosure. Two versions of the 8-port model are available - with and without Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) support.
Compliant with IEEE802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet, these switches consume less power during idle periods. They also implement D-Link Green features that detect link status and cable length and adjust power usage accordingly. Switch management can be performed through a web management interface or through the SmartConsole Utility. The DGS-1100 Series also supports Layer 2 features such as IGMP Snooping to optimize performance for multicast applications. A fanless design allows for quieter operation and provides a longer product life.
Support and Cushioning:
- EasySmart Switches support an intuitive SmartConsole utility and a web-based management interface that enables administrators to remotely control their network down to the port level
- The DGS-1100-08P delivers Power-over-Ethernet capabilities, simplifying deployments with IP cameras, VoIP phones, wireless access points and other powered devices. The DGS-1100-08P complies with the 802.3af standard for PoE and supports a 64W power budget
- Network maintenance features include Loopback Detection and Cable Diagnostics. Loopback Detection is used to detect loops created by a specific port and automatically shuts down the affected port
- Compliant with IEEE802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet, this switch consumes less energy by cutting down on power consumption when the traffic volume is low
- By deploying EEE devices, users can cut operating costs and even cut down on necessary cooling equipment, helping small and medium sized businesses stay within their budgets
- Auto Surveillance VLAN is a new, industry leading technology that consolidates data and surveillance video transmission through a DGS-1100 switch, thus sparing businesses the expense of dedicated hardware and facilities
- The SmartConsole allows customers to discover multiple D-Link Smart and EasySmart Switches within the same L2 network segment
- Auto Surveillance VLAN also ensures the quality of real-time video for monitoring and control without compromising the transmission of conventional network data