D-Link EasySmart 8 Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch 16Gbps Switching Capacity -
The D-Link EasySmart 8 Port Switch has 8 Gigabit Ethernet ports allowing for 8 separate high speed connections. The Gigabit connections allow for 10/100/1000 Mbps connection speeds, surpassing traditional speeds. This D-Link switch provides the increased speeds while remaining energy efficient with the ability to automatically detect the length of connected cables and then adjust the power usage for cables shorter than 20 meters. Along with adjusting the power usage, the D-Link 1100-08 Switch monitors the link status of every port, drastically reducing the power consumption when a port link is down.
You can benefit from a variety of advanced features with the D-Link 1100-08 Switch, such as IGMP Snooping, Bandwidth Control and Static MAC. Each of these features gives you more control over your network. IGMP Snooping is designed to prevent hosts on a local network from receiving traffic for a multicast group they have not explicitly joined, thus streamlining network activity. Bandwidth Control allows you to have complete control over where the bandwidth goes on your network. As a result you can reserve bandwidth on a per port basis, allotting it for functions that require more bandwidth.
Troubleshooting a network is always a necessity. With the D-Link 1100-08 Switch you can take advantage of EasySmart featuring Loopback Detection and Cable Diagnostics. These functions help with those often times hard to find network issues. With LoopBack Detection you can easily identify loops created by a specific port and easily shut down that affected port. With Cable Diagnostics you have the ability to quickly examine the quality of the copper cables, recognize the cable type and detect cable errors.
The D-Link 1100-08 Switch also comes with a variety of advanced features allowing for even more control over virtually every aspect of your network. You have the ability to create a MAC whitelist for specific ports, allowing you to limit network access to authorized devices only. You can also monitor broadcast, multicast, or unknown unicast traffic with Storm Control. You can then define a specific packet threshold after which packets will be blocked or discarded.
Support and Cushioning:
- The D-Link 1100-08 supports Surveillance VLAN for video surveillance deployments. Surveillance VLAN gives video traffic high priority and an individual VLAN, guaranteeing the quality of surveillance traffic through a single switch
- With Loopback Detection and Cable Diagnostics the D-Link 1100-08 helps you find and solve network problems quickly and easily. Loopback Detection is used to detect loops created by a specific port and automatically shut down the affect port
- Compliant with IEEE802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet, the D-Link 1100-08 switch consumes less energy by cutting down on power consumption when port utilization is low
- The D-Link 1100-08 switch utilizes an intuitive SmartConsole Utility and a web-based management interface. This SmartConsole Utility makes it easy to discover all switches in the D-Link Smart Switch family within the same L2 network segment
- Utilize advanced security features such as Static MAC, Storm Control and IGMP Snooping. Static MAC allows users to create a MAC whitelist for specific ports, helping limit network access to authorized devices only