D-Link EasySmart DGS-1100 24-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch 48 Gbps Switching Capacity -
The D-Link DGS-1100 EasySmart 24-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch is a managed switch designed to operate quickly, efficiently and economically with your network while still giving you a load of useful, sophisticated features. Capable of sitting on your desktop or in a 1U rack mount, this switch features 24 Gigabit ports for connecting different devices in your LAN and transferring data at high speeds.
As part of the switch's more advanced features, you can setup port-based or tag-based VLANs on your network as well as a surveillance VLAN with video cameras. This switch is particularly designed to setup and execute a surveillance VLAN, so as to spare you the costs of dedicating hardware or even facilities to do so. In addition to segmenting up your network into VLANs, you can also reserve bandwidth for more important functions and utilize the supported QoS for prioritizing traffic for important or latency-sensitive applications, such as video streaming or VoIP. Beyond these features, the switch supports IGMP snooping so to optimize performance for multicasting applications.
So as to operate more efficiently, the switch is designed to be compliant with IEEE802.3az Energy Efficient standards. It also features D-Link Green technology. Both of these features reduce the amount of power that the switch uses without adversely affecting its performance.
For integration and management, the switch features a web-based management interface that allows you to remotely control your network down to the port level. In addition, the switch features a SmartConsole utility that allows you to setup connections with other D-Link Smart and Easy Smart Switches within the same L2 network segment. With all these features as well as built-in security and trouble-shooting, you don't need to be in MENSA to realize that this EasySmart Ethernet Switch is an invaluable resource and a stellar buy for your small or medium-sized business.
Support and Cushioning:
- The switch supports Surveillance VLAN, which is best suited for video surveillance deployment. Surveillance VLAN is a technology that consolidates data and surveillance video transmission through the switch, thus sparing your business the expense of dedicated hardware and facilities
- The switch supports an intuitive SmartConsole utility and a web-based management interface that enables administrators to remotely control their network down to the port level
- Compliant with IEEE802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE), this switch consumes less energy by cutting down on power consumption when the traffic volume is low
- Network maintenance features include Loopback Detection and Cable Diagnostics. Loopback Detection is used to detect loops created by a specific port and automatically shuts down the affected port
- This switch utilizes D-Link Green Technology that helps in automatically saving energy. The switch automatically detects the length of the connected cables and can adjust power usage for shorter cable connections of up to 20 meters
- With 802.1P Quality of Service, you can prioritize certain kinds of network traffic for applications that are important or latency-sensitive, such as streaming video, music, or VoIP
- With Bandwidth Control, network administrators can reserve bandwidth for important functions that require more bandwidth or that are high priority
- Surveillance VLAN also ensures the quality of real time video for monitoring and control without compromising the transmission of conventional network data
- With this utility, users do not need to change the IP address of their PC and this also makes initial setup of the Smart Switches quick and easy
- The SmartConsole Utility allows you to discover multiple D-Link Smart and Easy Smart Switches within the same L2 network segment
- Switches within the same L2 network segment that are connected to the user's PC are displayed on-screen for instant access. This allows for extensive switch configuration and basic setup of discovered devices, including password changes and firmware upgrades
- Cable Diagnostics is designed for network administrators to quickly examine the quality of the copper cables and also determine the type of cable error
- Because the switch is 802.1Q compliant, you can assign different tags to different users across your network, so that you can segment up your network and prevent unauthorized users from accessing sensitive information or the wrong network devices
- In addition, Static MAC can disable Auto Learning on selected ports and can set static MAC addresses for designated ports, helping administrators limit network access to authorized devices only
- You can also setup a VLAN by assigning users to certain ports on your network. Establishing a VLAN also allows you to optimize network traffic