DBX 2031 Single Channel 31-Band Graphic Equalizer/Limiter with Type III Noise Reduction -
The dbx 2031 is a single channel, 31 band 1/3 octave graphic equalizer with a difference. In addition to the usual features such as 45mm center detented sliders with selectable boost/cut range, high pass filter, active balanced input and output connections, variable input level control, clip level indicators and internal power supply, the unit provides both built-in noise reduction and peak limiting.
The noise reduction is dbx's Type III, which can increase the signal to noise ratio of the 2031 by up to 20dB at the push of a button. For further enhancement, a PeakPlus limiter is included. A front panel 41-detent rotary control varies the threshold of the limiter, while a four-LED gain reduction bar graph displays the resulting effect of the process. Additionally, the unit has an EQ bypass switch with LED indicator, is housed in an all-steel constructed 2U chassis and is intended for installation in standard 19" equipment racks. The XLR and 1/4" TRS connectors use balanced, low noise circuitry and barrier strips are provided for added convenience.
The 2031 is designed to work with a variety of input signal levels and may be used in applications such as live sound, recording studios, instrument racks, as well as any conventional fixed installation environment.
- Status LEDs offer visual feedback for all settings on the front panel
- Revolutionary instant encode/decode Type III Noise Reduction in-circuit at the push of a button. Increases S/N ratio by up to 20dB
- Patent-pending PeakPlus Limiter threshold range from 0dBu to +24dBu (off) can transparently tame the wildest hits or the subtlest nuances of any signal
- Four segment LED bargraph for BOTH Gain Reduction AND Output Level offers the most comprehensive visual feedback available
- An extremely high quality EQ, patent-pending Type III Noise Reduction and the elegant new PeakPlus Limiter all in one great sounding box