DBX 2215 Dual Channel 15-Band Graphic Equalizer/Limiter with Type III Noise Reduction -
The dbx 2215 is a dual channel, 15 band 2/3 octave graphic equalizer with a difference. In addition to the usual features such as 45mm center detented sliders with selectable boost/cut range, high pass filters, active balanced input and output connections, variable input level controls, clip level indicators and internal power supply, the unit provides both built-in noise reduction and peak limiting.
The noise reduction is dbx's Type III, which can increase the signal to noise ratio of the 2215 by up to 20dB at the push of a button. For further enhancement, a PeakPlus limiter is included. Front panel 41-detent rotary controls vary the threshold of the limiter, while four-LED gain reduction bar graphs display the resulting effect of the process. Additionally, the unit has EQ bypass switches with LED indicator for each channel, is housed in an all-steel constructed 2U chassis and is intended for installation in standard 19" equipment racks. The XLR and 1/4" TRS connectors use balanced, low noise circuitry and barrier strips are provided for added convenience.
The 2215 is designed to work with a variety of input signal levels and may be used in applications such as live sound, recording studios, instrument racks, as well as any conventional fixed installation environment.
- Status LEDs offer visual feedback for all settings on the front panel
- Patent-pending PeakPlus Limiter threshold range from 0dBu to +24dBu (off) can transparently tame the wildest hits or the subtlest nuances of any signal
- Four segment LED bargraph for BOTH Gain Reduction AND Output Level offers the most comprehensive visual feedback available
- Revolutionary instant encode/decode Type III Noise Reduction in-circuit at the push of a button. Increases S/N ratio by up to 20dB
- An extremely high quality EQ, patent-pending Type III Noise Reduction and the elegant new PeakPlus Limiter all in one great sounding box