DBX DriveRack 4800TI Complete Equalization & Loudspeaker Management System with Input Transformers -
The dbx DriveRack 4800TI is a highly configurable signal processing system, for using in touring and large installation applications. With a very powerful DSP engine, multiple analog and digital inputs and outputs and comprehensive insert processing functions, the unit is able to provide every processing function needed "between a mixer and the power amplifiers." This unit features Jensen JT-11 input transformers.
Each input features a 31-band graphic EQ, followed by a 9-band parametric equalizer. Two slots are provided for "dropping-in" a range of processors, which are followed by variable time delay circuits. Each input can have the processors linked with adjacent channels, which in turn can access any of the outputs. The output blocks start with variable crossover selections and are followed by a parametric EQ, two insert slots and variable time delays.
The front-panel QVGA display and multiple control surfaces, allow for easy editing of the unit. One knob per function and extensive metering provide an intuitive working flow, while the internal processing provides real-time monitoring of parameter changes with very low latency and excellent sonic performance. An Advanced Feedback Suppression Wizard helps to tame feedback with little sonic degradation of the source signal.
For easier programming, the DriveRack 4800TI comes with System Architect Control software for Windows XP. All the front-panel controls are mirrored in the software which, in addition, provides networking configuration set-up. From signal routing, EQ and band-pass filters, to classic dbx dynamics and feedback suppression, all the processing needed for tour sound or installation is available within the unit, along with sonic excellence.
- 31-band graphic and 9-band parametric EQ on every input
- Selectable DSP inserts on all inputs and outputs including classic dbx compression, limiting and advanced feedback suppression, among others
- Color QVGA display
- Comprehensive PA and installation signal processor with flexible routing and insert capabilities per channel
- Full band-pass filter, crossover and routing configurations with Bessel, Butterworth and Linkwitz-Riley filters
- Features Jensen JT-11 input transformers
- 48kHz and 96kHz operation
- System Architect Control software for Windows XP for individual and multiple unit set-ups and networking
- Eight analog and AES/EBU digital outputs
- Configurations can be saved in up to fifty preset locations