Deuter Zero 50+15 Backpack -
The Deuter ACT Zero 50+15 Backpack is an award-winning Deuter backpack that boasts a new, ultralight design for 2011.
Great for the experienced backpacker/mountaineer who needs to carry it all, without the added pack weight.
This 3950-cubic-inch, 65-liter pack can carry up to 45 pounds, yet weighs only 3 pounds 5 ounces.
Hollow-core aluminum stays keep this pack's frame strong and light.
Pivoting VariFlex hip belt follows exaggerated movements so you stay in balance.
Adjustable VariQuick shoulder harness easily adjusts to any back length and frame size.
Deuter Aircontact back system conforms to your back with breathable hollow-chamber foam padding.
With your every movement, a pump effect circulates air through the cushions and central air chamber, resulting in 15 percent less sweating than with a standard trekking backpack and a 5 degree Celsius reduction in heat between you and the pack.
Contoured shoulder straps and hip fins have 3D-AirMesh lining for added ventilation.
Hip belt stabilizer straps increase load control, and pull-forward buckle is easy to fasten even with a full pack.
Height-adjustable lid is removable, with a 15-liter resupply extension collar.
Side compression and shoulder stabilizer straps.
Storage includes a large, compressing front stuff-it pocket, top and bottom lid pockets, interior valuables pocket, mesh side pockets and hip belt pocket.
Ice axe and trekking pole loops.
Hydration compatible (reservoir not included)
Durable, double-layered base panel.
Alpine Emergency SOS guide printed on interior to refresh your memory on aircraft signals and emergency contacts if you're in a bind.
"It's the best kind of mutant. Part minimalist fast-packer, part monster hauler, the ACT Zero seemed like the perfect tool no matter what the mission," Outside Magazine Deuter Backpack Review, 2011 Gear of the Year.
This Deuter 65 Liter pack keeps you going faster, lighter and longer.
- Removable lid with +15 L resupply extension collar
- Main compartment features a removable lid closure and an extension collar that adds 15 liters of space and a hydration sleeve that accommodates a reservoir (sold separately)
- Top lid features inside and outside pockets; mesh side pockets and hipbelt pocket hold water bottles, snacks and other small items
- Large front stretch stuff-it, two mesh side, one hipbelt, and two top-lid pockets conveniently store your essentials
- Light weight of 3lb 7oz won't slow you down on-trail
- Large stuff-it pocket on the front compresses down—a perfect spot to stash an insulating layer or rainwear
- Hollow-core aluminum X-shaped frame with 0.5-inch stays balances medium to large loads comfortably with flexibility
- X-frame with hollow-core aluminum stays transfers load weight to your hips and offers both torsional rigidity and flexibility to follow your body movements
- Adjustable torso length, from 15-21 inches, fits a wide range of sizes
- Vari Quick system allows for quick, easy adjustment to any back length so kids won’t outgrow it too fast
- Anatomically cut hip belt and VariQuick height-adjustable shoulder harness with 3D-AirMesh cover ensure properly position and comfort
- ~ Shoulder straps are anatomically shaped and covered with 3D AirMesh for complete comfort
- Lid pocket stores small gear (map, first aid kit, snacks) and keeps it easily accessible; valuables pocket on the lid’s interior safely stores all of the essentials
Lining and Layers:
- Large front stretch Stuff-It pocket allows for quick stashing of an extra layer or jacket
- Aircontact Lite system features padded, contoured shoulder straps and hipbelt with 3D air-mesh lining and a cushioned, breathable back panel with hollow-chamber foam
- Alternative VariQuick Shoulder Harnesses Deuter packs with the VariQuick adjustment system can be customized to even more fits with accessory VQ Shoulder Harnesses
- VariQuick customize your fit by making your individual height adjustment
- Forward-pull hipbelt adjustment makes it easy to achieve a snug fit
- Anatomically Shaped X-Frame creates a comfortable, flexible construction for heavy loads with 1/2" stays
- The Deuter ACT Zero 50 + 15 pack is made of tough, 500-denier Duratex and light, 210-denier ripstop nylon fabric that is polyurethane-coated for weather resistance
- ~ Breathable hollow chamber foam circulates air for superior ventilation; reduces perspiration by 15%
- Breathable Hollow Chamber foam blends superior ventilation via a pump effect that circulates air through the cushions
- AirContact back system combines flexible frame, ventilating foam back, mesh-covered shoulder straps, and more for optimal long-haul comfort
- Compatible with your hydration system so you stay quenched
- Hydration compatible—holds up to a 3 L reservoir; stretch mesh side pockets provide a place for extra water bottles
- Side compression straps help reduce pack volume, improve load stability, and can be used to attach extra gear
- Pull forward waist belt straps
- Trekking pole and ice axe loops with bungee tie-offs to keep your tools safe and secure and your hands free when you need them
- Tough, light, and durable Duratex-Lite and Ripstop 210 will last through your summit list
- Removable Lid / Converts To Summit Pack allows you to cut weight, or keep valuables and toiletries handy when thru-hiking
- SOS label inside the lid includes information to help if you're lost or need assistance
- Top-flap access lets you get in and grab easily; optional roll-top closure when top flap is removed
- Optional roll-top closure still keeps your gear protected if you decide to remove the lid
- SOS label on the inside of the lid has emergency numbers and international instructions for emergency cases
- Gear loops let you lash on trekking poles and an ice axe
- “It's the best kind of mutant. Part minimalist fast-packer, part monster hauler, the ACT Zero seemed like the perfect tool no matter what the mission.”
- Removable 15-liter lid keeps frequent-use essentials handy and converts to daypack for light, fast summits
- Carries an ample 45 pounds of your necessary gear and goodies
- ~ Anatomically cut hip belt with bilaminate foam provides excellent load transfer and doesn’t restrict your freedom of movement
The Deuter Act Zero backpack is a lightweight pack designed for trekking. It is perfect for an experienced hiker who wants to travel quickly with minimal gear. This pack features the Deuter Aircontact Lite System, which includes breathable padding and mesh lining for ventilation. Stabilizer straps and anatomically designed hip fins distribute the pack's weight in a safe way. The Act Zero 50 + 15 also features a removable lid with a 15 liter extension collar. It is hydration compatible, has mesh side pockets and has hollow core aluminum x-stays.
Deuter's ACT Zero 50 + 15 Internal Frame Pack is a high performance pack that allows the experienced backpacker or mountaineer to carry all in comfort without added pack weight. The AIRCONTACT system provides full load control and evenly spreads weight and the VariQuick system adjusts to any back length for a perfect fit. Breathable chamber foam results in a snug fitting, stable carry and a perspiration reduction of 15%. Removable top lid keeps essentials handy and multiple pockets and attachment options make your excursion the best.
Backcountry.com (Spring 2014)
Deuter designed the ACT Zero 50+15 Backpack to be as lightweight and comfortable as it is versatile. The AirContact back system supports your load with an anatomically cut harness with breathable hollow-chamber foam and mesh to allow airflow between your back and the pack, reducing perspiration by 15% for a cool, dry, comfortable you. Strong and lean Duratex-Lite, ripstop 210 and hollow-core aluminum keep you light on your feet, and an extendable collar, 15-liter convertible lid, and plenty of pockets give you plenty of carrying options for tons of treks.
Designed for the experienced backpacker intent on hiking fast-and-light without sacrificing fit and comfort, the award-winning Deuter ACT Zero 50+15 pack boasts the same load-hauling suspension and adjustable harness system found on Deuter's popular Aircontact series while weighing a scant 3 pounds, 7 ounces.
Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS)
Designed with faster, lighter trips and thru-hikers in mind, the Deuter ACT Zero 50+15 SL pack allows experienced backpackers or mountaineers to comfortably carry all of the necessities without any unnecessary pack weight. 2011 Outside Gear of the Year winner.
The ACT Zero series was built for the thru hiker who travels light and fast. These packs will allow the experienced backpacker /mountaineer to carry all the necessities without the added pack weight.
• Ice Axe & Trekking Pole Loops.
• Weight: 3 lbs 4 oz / 1480 g.
• Volume: 3050 cubic inches / 50 litre.
- Height Adjustable Lid: volume of the backpack can be increased by approximately 10 litres.
• Size: 30 / 12 / 9.4 (H x W x D) Inch / 76 / 30 / 24 (H x W x D) cm.
• Material: Deuter-Duratex-Lite / Deuter-Ripstop 210
FEATURES of the Deuter ACT Zero 50 + 15 Pack.
SPECIFICATIONS of the Deuter ACT Zero 50 + 15 Pack.
The Deuter ACT Zero 50 + 15 pack is perfect for the thru-hiker who travels light and fast and carry all your necessities in comfort.