Too often, we see people busting out their big 70-, 80-, or 90-liter packs for a weekend overnight in the summertime. If only they would pack a little lighter, they could stop staring at their feet as they try to balance the gargantuan load on their back and start staring at the scenery around them. The Deuter Futura Pro 38 is just the right size for this kind of trip, and offers all of the comforts and conveniences of larger packs in a more compact and manageable package.
The Futura Pro series features the latest version of Deuter's Aircomfort mesh back panel, which has often been imitated by other pack companies since Deuter first introduced it in 1985. The Aircomfort system provides plenty of air space behind your back to reduce sweatiness on hot summer days.
A bottom compartment - standard on larger packs, but harder to find in this size range - makes it easy to pull out a sleeping bag or tent body from the bottom of your pack at the end of the day.
Feature list from Deuter:
Weight: 3 lbs 10 oz. / 1640 g
Volume: 2320 cubic inches / 38 liters
Size: 28 / 14 / 10 (H x W x D), Inches; 70 / 35 / 26 (H x W x D), cm
One size, fits most.
Deuter is the leading backpack brand in Germany and Europe, and one of the longest-running brands of any sort in the outdoor industry. Founded by Hans Deuter in 1898, Deuter began its life supplying mailbags and postman sacks to the Bavarian Royal Mail. By 1910, Deuter was providing a variety of backpacks, knapsacks, satchels, and tents to the military in advance of World War I. Deuter packs were used on the North Face of the Eiger during the first ascent in 1938, and on the first ascent of Nanga Parbat by Hermann Buhls in 1953. They introduced the very first line of nylon backpacks in 1968. Deuter’s leadership in the backpack market and commitment to innovation continues to this day.
• Weight: 3 lb 10 oz / 1640 g.
• Volume: 2320 cubic inches / 38 litre.
• Dimensions: 28 x 14 x 10 (H x W x D) Inch / 70 x 35 x 26 (H x W x D) cm.
• Material: Deuter-Super-Polytex, Deuter-Ripstop 210.
Back System: Deuter Aircomfort Pro System.
• Contoured, softly padded shoulder straps covered with breathable Wide Air-Mesh.
• The round, durable spring steel frame is extremely lightweight and flexible. It tensions the mesh and provides fantastic freedom of movement and a perfect fit.
stabilise the pack.
• The System is a fantastic comfort combination: the back mesh guarantees excellent ventilation since air can pass through without restriction; the floating, ergonomically formed Vari Flex hip belt follows each and every movement and thus helps saving energy.
• Ultra-flat shoulder strap anchor point with ventilation holes.
• Stabiliser straps allow exact positioning of the rucksack.
|Capacity:||2320 cu in (max weight|
|Material:||nylon ripstop (210D), Super-Polytex (600D)|
|Number of Access Points:||Acess at top and bottom|
|Pockets:||1 top lid, 1 front stash, 2 side bellow, 2 side mesh, (internal) 1 valuables, 1 zippered divider|
|Suspension:||AirComfort Futura Pro|
|Weight:||3 lb 10 oz|
|Deuter Futura Pro 38 Pack - Midnight/Ocean at SunnySports||$149.00|
$148.95 - $160.00
$103.73 - $149.00
$71.97 - $119.95
$57.95 - $184.95
$106.99 - $150.00
$88.95 - $99.99
$421.14 - $499.95
$97.30 - $144.95