Deuter Guide 40+ SL -
The Deuter Guide 40+ SL Backpack is an all-season alpine workhorse, built compact, light and women's specific (or slim dudes) to safely carry your gear to the crag or your skis up mountain.
Overall slim shape and body-hugging fit.
Deuter Alpine Back System has an emphasis on compact load support and secure carrying performance while providing comfortable ventilation.
Two padded foam stripes down the back create a chimney ventilation effect, and durable 3D-AirMesh is used on all points of contact.
SL back system is women's specific with narrower and shorter, soft-edge shoulder straps and smaller buckles to prevent chafing and eliminate pressure points.
Waist belt has a conical shape to create a perfect fit when fastened.
Removable foam sitting mat stabilizes the back and gives you a spot to sit in the snow or dirt.
Removable X-frame curved profile aluminum stays provide exceptional flexibility and weight carrying ability.
Contoured shoulder straps have 3D-AirMesh lining for added ventilation.
Sternum strap and load adjustor straps on shoulders and hip belt serve to fine-tune your load according to the terrain.
Pivoting, anatomic VariFlex hip belt follows exaggerated movements so you stay in balance, and are removable, along with the waist strap, for weight reduction.
Side zips provide easy access to buried items in the main compartment.
Bottom compartment access with internal zip divider.
Height-adjustable lid closure provides freedom of head movement and features a central zipped compartment with valuables pocket.
Detachable rope lashing strap.
Compression straps can be fastened around the front of the pack.
Wide ski attachments at sides.
Front crampon straps.
Ice axe attachment, top lid attachment rings to lash on extra gear and gear loops on waist belt.
Inner wet laundry stash.
Hydration compatible up to 3 liters (reservoir not included)
Durable Duratex base.
Alpine Emergency SOS guide printed on interior to refresh your memory on aircraft signals and emergency contacts if you're in a bind.
Deuter Backpacks couldn't have made a better women's pack for winter skiing, summer climbing and all-season mountaineering - let the Deuter Guide backpack help you lead the way.
- "SL" Women's Specific Fit
- Anatomically cut hipbelt and shoulder straps fine-tune the fit; loosen them for comfort during approaches and quickly tighten them down for precise load control
Support and Cushioning:
- The women's Deuter Guide 40+ SL pack features a removable foam mat that adds support to the back panel and can be used as a trail seat
- Back panel uses 2 vertical foam strips to help ensure stability and channel air to enhance ventilation
- Side Access Zipper
- Top-loading main compartment is crowned with a lid that contains a zippered pocket for small valuables; SOS label inside the lid lists key info if you're lost or need help
- Bottom Compartment Access with Internal Zip Divider
- Optional Under-lid Rope Strap
- Pull Forward Hip Belt Straps
- Optional Stability Waist Strap
- Reinforced ski straps on the sides of the pack body secure skis and stand up to sharp edges; ice axe loops and carabiner loops provide secure attachment points for tools
- Wide Ski Slots (130mm)
- Aluminum X Stays
- ALPINE Back System
- Carrying Capacity = 40 lbs
- VARI FLEX Pivoting Hip Belts
- Hip Belt Gear Loops
- MacroLite / Duratex-Lite
- Height Adjustable Lids
- Removable Foam Mat, Hip Belt & Stays
The Deuter Guide 40+ SL is made with the SL women's fit system to have narrower shoulders and a shorter back length than larger mens' packs. This pack is also made with the Deuter Alpine Back System to allow the perfect amount of flexibility and stability for climbing. It has an ergonomic, flexible hip belt and a body-hugging fit to make the pack easy to carry on difficult surfaces. Other features of the Guide 40+ SL include a removable aluminum x-frame, a snow skirt, a detachable rope lashing strap, compression straps and a side zipper.
FEATURES of the Deuter Women's Guide 40+ SL Pack.
SPECIFICATIONS of the Deuter Women's Guide 40+ SL Pack.
The women's Deuter Guide 40+ SL pack is a durable and comfortable top-loading pack that can be easily customized for mountaineering, climbing and skiing.
Functionality, durability, and comfort define the Deuter Guide Series. This top loading Guide 40 + SL pack can be customized to your needs for mountaineering, climbing, and skiing.
It carries all the hardware and is built to take a beating: the Guide is a strong companion for rough outings. The revised pack now shows a sleek shape, features an improved ice axe holder, and the new position of the hip fin anchor points provide a very compact, body-hugging fit for complete carry control.