Digital Juice Master Rig Pro DSLR Camera Support System -
The Digital Juice Master Rig is a powerful and versatile tool for any DSLR owner, from the serious hobbyist to the Indie filmmaker to the run-and-gun ENG shooter. Anyone who wants to shoot professional video using a DSLR understands that keeping the camera as stable as possible is a must. DSLRs present a number of obstacles when shooting video. Keeping your handheld camera stable and smooth enough to prevent wobble and skew effects (due to a CMOS camcorder's rolling shutter technology) can be nearly impossible. Focusing manually on the run, or producing a smooth rack focus, without shaking the camera is very difficult. Flagging your camera lens requires some creativity, while adding multiple filters and adjusting them can be a nightmare.
With the DJ Master Rig, all of these problems are solved and getting professional looking video from your DSLR is as easy as it can get. This pro-level camera rig is comprised of three main components: the Digital Juice Matte Box PRO, the Digital Juice Follow Focus PRO and the cage and 15-mm rail system to which you mount both your camera and these PRO accessories. The 38-piece set can be configured in just about any way to suit your needs. There are multiple industry standard 1/4-20 threaded attachment points to accommodate mounting audio recorders, microphones, monitors and anything else you can imagine. You can configure the components as a simple lightweight shoulder rig for run-and-gun style shooting, as a full studio rig for short or feature films or for anything in-between that you might need. There is no right or wrong way to assemble or configure the rig.
- All of the components for the DJ Master Rig fit into the included deluxe rolling case. This case has an aluminum exterior, wheels for easy rolling, two carry handles and a two-stage telescoping handle for rolling
- At the rear of the Master Rig, behind the thick padded foam shoulder cushion, is a vertical accessory cheeseplate for mounting either counterbalance weights or additional accessories such as batteries or portable hard drives to the cage
Support and Cushioning:
- The DJ Matte Box PRO included with the Master Rig has detachable top and side-wing flags (with bayonets to lock the flags in tightly) as well as two universal 360-degree rotating filter stages and two filter trays that support both 4x4" and 4x5.65" filter sizes
- The cage and rail support system in the Master Rig includes a C-arm and top handle which provides additional protection for your camera as well as a comfortable way to carry your rig. The top handle also allows you to achieve steady low-angle shots
- The Master Rig's cage and 15mm rail system has a base plate assembly consisting of two pieces. The height adjustable base plate adapter can accommodate a variety of different size cameras and lenses and has both 1/4-20 & 3/8-16 threaded bottom holes so that you can attach it easily to any tripod
Traction and Grip:
- Two front handles are fully adjustable and have geared joints to keep them secure under the weight of your camera and lens. These handles have finned rubber grips to give your hands maximum comfort and traction
- The DJ Follow Focus PRO is a gear-driven follow focus device which allows for repeatable highly accurate focus pulls