Doiron Design LS200C-SR2 Off Camera Lighting System For Canon & SR2 RadioPopper -
The Doiron Design LS200C-SR2 lighting system is designed to combine the light output of two Canon 580EX, 580EXII or 430EXII speedlites and direct it into an umbrella or softbox. For optimum performance, the new parabolic umbrellas require that the light source be centered and on axis with the umbrella shaft. The two flash heads are separated by only 3/4 of an inch where the umbrella shaft mount is located. This effectively allows the umbrella shaft to pass through the light source and permits the light to be properly focused.
When a softbox light modifier is desired, both flash heads output light through the center of the included speedring. The speedring permits quick mounting and removal of the softbox. The 14 mm wide panel in place on the Canon 580EXs, 580EXIIs or 430EXII, results in better light distribution across the surface of the softbox compared to a studio light with the optional internal baffle, with graduated density, in place. In fact, the Doiron Design LS200C-SR2 performs better without the use of the optional internal baffle in most applications.
A built-in receptacle for a RadioPopper PX receiver with 2 way splitter directs ETTL signals to both 580EX, 580EXII or 430EXII speedlites via fiber optics. A RadioPopper PX transmitter mounted to an on camera ST-E2 or master 580EX or 580EXII, provides full wireless ETTL capability without the requirement for line of sight. A single RadioPopper system provides a radio link between the on camera Canon ST-E2 or the master 580EX, or 580EXII and the LS200C-SR2.
A Pole mounting clamp capable of mounting (2) Canon CP-E4 compact battery packs, or (2) Quantum Turbo 2X2, or (2)Turbo3 battery packs is included. In addition, a shaft spacer is included that sets the proper focal length for Westcott no.4632, no.4633 and no.4634 7 ft. parabolic umbrellas and Flashpoint 7 ft. parabolic umbrella.
Lining and Layers:
- Supports off camera wireless High-Speed Sync without line of sight requirement to 1/8000 second
- A RadioPopper PX transmitter mounted onto a Canon ST-E2 speedlite transmitter or camera mounted 580EXII or 580EX provides a wireless ETTL solution, without line of sight requirements
Support and Cushioning:
- Built-in umbrella mount supports the new 7 feet parabolic umbrellas
- Quick mount speedring for mounting softboxes
- Built-in receptacle for RadioPopper PX receiver with 2 way splitter, directs signal to both 580EX, 580EXII or 430EXII speedlites via fiber optics. No need for a second RadioPopper PX receiver
- Pole clamp for mounting (2) CP-E3 or CPE4 battery packs. (Included) May also be used to mount (2) Quantum Turbo 2X2 or (2) Quantum Turbo 3 with CZ cable
- Shaft spacer sets umbrella to optimum distance from light source. Spacer Included