Doiron Design LS210N-SR3 Off Camera Lighting System for Nikon & RadioPopper -
The Doiron Design LS210N-SR3 lighting system is designed to combine the light output of two Nikon SB-700 speedlights and direct it into an umbrella or softbox. For optimum performance, the new parabolic umbrellas require that the light source be centered and on axis with the umbrella shaft. The two flash heads are separated by only 3/4 of an inch where the umbrella shaft mount is located. This effectively allows the umbrella shaft to pass through the light source and permits the light to be properly focused.
When a softbox light modifier is desired, both flash heads output light through the center of the included speedring. The speedring permits quick mounting and removal of the softbox. The 14 mm wide panel in place on the Nikon SB-700 results in better light distribution across the surface of the softbox compared to a studio light with the optional internal baffle, with graduated density, in place.
In fact, the Doiron Design LS210N-SR3 performs better without the use of the optional internal baffle in most applications. A built-in receptacle for a RadioPopper PX receiver with 2 way splitter directs ETTL signals to both SB-700 speedlights via fiber optics. A RadioPopper PX transmitter mounted to an on camera SU-800 or master SB-700 provides full wireless ETTL capability without the requirement for line of sight.
A single RadioPopper system provides a radio link between the master SB-700 and the LS210N-SR3. A Pole mounting clamp capable of mounting (2) Nikon SD-9 battery packs, or (2) Quantum Turbo 2X2, or (2) Turbo3 battery packs is included. In addition, a shaft spacer is included that sets the proper focal length for Westcott No. 4632, No. 4633 and No. 4634 7 feet parabolic umbrellas.
Lining and Layers:
- Supports off camera wireless High-Speed Sync without line of sight requirement to 1/8000 second
- A RadioPopper PX transmitter mounted onto a Nikon camera mounted SB-700 provides a wireless ETTL solution, without line of sight requirements
Support and Cushioning:
- Built-in umbrella mount supports the new 7 feet parabolic umbrellas
- Quick mount speedring for mounting softboxes
- Pole clamp for mounting (2) SD-9 battery packs. (Included) May also be used to mount (2) Quantum Turbo 2X2 or (2) Quantum Turbo 3 with CZ cable
- Built-in receptacle for RadioPopper PX receiver with 2 way splitter, directs signal to both SB-700 speedlights via fiber optics. No need for a second RadioPopper PX receiver
- Shaft spacer sets umbrella to optimum distance from light source