Dover Publications Woodcraft and Camping -
Woodcraft and Camping is a true woodsmen's CLASSIC. Oh yes it's a bit outdated and not modern at all but there is a lot to learn in this small book. Nessmuk aka George Washington Sears was a man's man. Small in stature but with a giant heart this man paddled the Adirondacks in a small strip canoe. His writing captures the heart of the woods and the spirit of adventure. A small excerpt....'We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it we go to smooth it. We have it rough enough at home...''The temptation is to buy this or that bit of indispensable camp kit has been too strong and we have gone to the blessed woods handicapped with a load fit for a pack mule. That is not how to do it. Go light, and the lighter the better so that you have the simplest material for health comfort and enjoyment.'
- Pages - 105
- About the Author - George Washington Sears aka Nessmuk 1821-1890 was a sportswriter for NYC magazines in the 19th century. His preferred method of travel was the canoe. A diminutive man he was a pioneer of lightweight camping. His writing has endured through the years and his prose is still relevant today.
- Year - 1884 - 1963 Dover edition
- You are not a true citizen of the woods until you read this book
- Binding - Soft
- Publisher - Dover Publications
- This really is a GREAT book
- Adirondack Canoe adventure
- ISBN - 9780486211459
- All-time favorite
- Classic writing
- Historical and useful
- Great lessons on how to camp, fish, build a fire and much more