Dragon Creek Publishing Grand Canyon Map & Guide - AZ -
This is simply the best Grand Canyon map there is today. It is colorful and beautifully rendered and yet simple to use. The Grand Canyon Map and Guide is a comprehensive resource for Grand Canyon National Park, covering the entire Grand Canyon from Lake Powell to Lake Mead (some maps do not).
It contains a thorough review of geology that is easy to follow with precise diagrams, colorful charts, and understandable text. Plants, animals, and human history come alive with interesting factoids. Beautiful color photographs illustrate many features and key locations. Canyon features are clearly labeled including each road, scenic overlook, historic building, majestic butte, canyon, river rapid, and hiking trail. It is great for sightseeing and perfect for a day hike, backpack trip, or raft adventure!
This map has been used in educational exhibits in Grand Canyon National Park as well as the National Geographic Visitor Center.
- The back of this map zooms into the central part of Grand Canyon showing the heart of the Canyon. This side conveys the highlights of the Canyon's human and natural history with brief anecdotes. It also contains handy facts about the Colorado River, the Colorado Plateau, and the Canyon's length, depth, width and much more.
Weather and Wind:
- Printed on waterproof and tearproof paper
- The Grand Canyon Map and Guide labels all of the major side canyons, rapids, points along the rim and all the major buttes, and temples within the Grand Canyon. Author, Bronze Black has combined his background in geology, graphic design, and river running to produce this unique, compact, and educational map.
- Facts - all sorts of little known factoids to make your trip interesting
- Ideal for visitors, hikers, rafters, backpackers, and everyone else
- Publisher - Venture Quest Maps
- Year - 2008
- History - Thumbnail history of the who have inhabited the Canyon and those that discovered it sometime after them
- Revised and updated
- Geology - comprehensive illustrations and explanations bring sense of order and a historical perspective to what you are seeing
- ISBN - 9780974002712
- The front of this map contains regional and geologic information about how old the Canyon is, how it was formed, and how the rocks were eroded away. This side illustrates the entire Grand Canyon, (some maps do not) from lake to lake complete with diagrams, illustrations, and photographs. It is informative, compact, and functional and a great Grand Canyon map resource.