Drobo B800i 8-Bay iSCSI Network SAN Storage -
Drobo delivers "big storage in a small box" to create the best storage experience ever for small and medium sized businesses and departments at larger enterprises. Built on proven BeyondRAID technology, Drobo redefines IT economics by delivering award-winning iSCSI SAN storage and advanced capabilities usually reserved for more expensive enterprise solutions.
Drobo iSCSI SAN storage is designed to provide reliable and high performance storage to servers running business-critical applications like data protection, email and server virtualization. It connects seamlessly to your existing TCP/IP network and utilizes the industry-standard iSCSI protocol to provide simple, consolidated storage for your servers. With two iSCSI models available, there's a Drobo that's right for your application. The 8-bay B800i model is ideal for data protection or for small business building a SAN for the first time. The powerful 12-bay B1200i model adds Data-Aware Tiering and redundant, hot-swappable components to ensure maximum performance and high-availability of business applications.
- Mixed Drive Utilization allows you to insert any drive, of any size, or any type and Drobo will optimally use it - check out the interactive Capacity Calculator
- Drobos are Data Aware, intelligently handling data for added resiliency, performance and management
- Instant Expansion occurs when a new, or larger, drive is inserted without any disruption in service
- Dual Disk Redundancy enhances BeyondRAID protection by guarding from multiple drive failures
- Virtual Hot Spare utilizes all drives at all time - no drives sitting idle waiting for one to fail
- Drobo's volumes are Smart Volumes, pulling needed storage from a common pool and then returning deleted blocks back to the common pool
- Drive Re-ordering allows Drobo disk packs to be moved to another Drobo and even re-ordered, while still functioning - try that with RAID
- Automatic Protection Levels ensures the best algorithm is used to protect from drive failure depending on the number of drives that are inserted without any user configuration
- Thin Provisioning as a fundamental capability allows for infinite capacity expansion by just replacing a drive with a larger one