DxO Labs DxO FilmPack 4 Expert Edition Image Processing Software Windows and Macintosh Compatible Boxed Version -
The boxed CD-ROM version of DxO FilmPack 4 Expert Edition Image Processing Software allows you to apply analog film effects to your digital photos. In this edition of FilmPack 4, you have a number of different effects: twenty-six different black and white film types, thirty-eight color film types, eighteen filters, six different tones and sixty-two different film grain settings. Additionally, benefit from thirty-three designer color and black and white presets offering vintage effects, aged looks and various other artistic options.
FilmPack 4 Expert Edition includes a few more advanced functions not found on the Essential Edition. You can remove noise from pictures before adding any effects to improve the clarity of the image. Create and save your own parameters for intensity, grain and contrast so that you can apply them to other images. Place vignettes around images, too. In addition, for all those color film and black and white film effects, you can make fine-grade adjustments. For applying effects to a large swath of photos, batch processing is available. DxO FilmPack 4's intuitive controls let you precisely control the intensity and even the orientation of your effects.
Introduced in version 4: textures, light leaks, frames and blur vignetting provide even more creative options. Additionally, you can now capture snapshots of your image during the course of processing and find the presets that you most frequently use in the favorites tab. Save time and reproduce the processing settings you've applied to your images by printing them directly from DxO FilmPack. Version 4 also adds cropping, micro-contrast and vibrancy tools.
FilmPack 4 features a simple, quick interface that lets you easily process all of your images and allows you to categorize presets for your photos. While the software can work as a standalone program, it's also usable as a plug-in for the following programs: Adobe Photoshop CS3, CS4 (32 & 64 bit), CS5 (32 & 64 bit), CS6 (32 & 64 bit); Adobe Photoshop Elements 9, 10 and 11; Lightroom 3, 4 and 5; Apple Aperture 3; and DxO Optics Pro 8.2 and higher.
Lining and Layers:
- Simulate film cartridge light leaks for areas of overexposure or color saturation in the form of lines that are parallel to the edges of the image. Choose from several options, including color leak 2, color leak 5 and white leak 2
Size and Dimensions:
- FilmPack lets you shade the borders of your images to create a particular atmosphere or to draw attention to the center of your image. Vignetting effects become a real asset in bringing an even greater dimension of originality to your images
- Borrow a look created by another user by importing the preset into your library. Use the export feature to share your processing parameters with other DxO FilmPack users
- Age your images with scratches, spots/stains, graininess and creased/crumpled paper effects
- Using FilmPack's batch processing function, you can process a large number of photos the same way with just one click. Just select the images to process, choose a look from the preset list and apply the look to your entire batch of images
- Find the presets that you most frequently use in the Favorites tab. Just click on the star icon at the top of the thumbnail of the preset that you want to select and it will automatically be displayed in the Favorites tab
- The Crop tool lets you easily change the proportions of your image by using an adjustable grid divided into thirds (both horizontally and vertically), enabling perfect compositions
- Helps you apply intelligent saturation to your images so as to subtly reinforce the overall tint, while accounting for all of the colors present
- This version of FilmPack lets you create and save your own film types. Save your own parameters for intensity, grain and contrast and apply them easily to other images in your photo library
- Use different display options to compare your original and corrected images. Categorized presets are accessible in just one click and both the control panel and the histogram can be hidden or displayed according to your preferences
- Apply a blurred effect to the perimeter of your image in order to draw attention to your subject. DxO FilmPack 4 lets you simulate the loss of depth of field. Center the effect on your subject and then fine-tune all the parameters: intensity, radius, transition, roundness and diffusion
- FilmPack's integral channel mixer allows you to fine-tune the conversion of your color photos to black and white. You can precisely modulate each color channel and imitate color filtering according to the black and white rendition you desire
- The Hue / Saturation / Luminance feature allows you to precisely adjust the colors of your image. You can modify specific color tones without affecting others. Additionally, change the ambient feeling of your photos and regulate their color intensity
- Entirely redesigned, DxO FilmPack 4's user interface makes it easier for you to more freely explore the available renderings and settings and to master the software more quickly
- Take snapshots of your image during the course of processing. You can revisit the corrections applied to an image or use them later for side-by-side comparisons to immediately evaluate the effects of different settings on your photo
- DxO FilmPack offers you the beauty of silver halide film grain. Add faithful imitations of film grain to your digital photos to rediscover the authentic quality of film and lend character to your images. Many different grain settings are available
- Using the software as a standalone application, you can apply the available photo effects to your images instantly and directly process your TIFF and JPEG images in just a few click
- Advanced calibration technology allows you to rediscover the magic of B&W photography. DxO FilmPack faithfully reproduces legendary film types from brands such as Kodak, Fuji and Polaroid
- Save time and perfectly reproduce the processing settings you've applied to your images by printing them directly from DxO FilmPack. With just a few clicks, restore all the emotion of art prints and perfectly reproduce all the settings you've applied to your images: presets, effects, toning, etc
- DxO FilmPack applies the colors, saturation and contrast of analog film to your digital photos. Reproduce the natural colors and low contrast of a Kodak Portra 160 NC film, the look of Polaroid film for imitating old photos and the contrast and dazzling colors of Fuji Velvia 50 film
- Make your photos stand out via numerous options, including white, black, mat, darkroom, slide, snapshot, glass, instant and old-style paper
- Enables you to boost the local contrast in order to bring out details and give images even more bite
- Easily access any of DxO FilmPack 4's 90 presets by using the search tool that lets you quickly find what you want