Dynafit Beast 16 Binding -
The highly anticipated, multiple award-winning Dynafit Beast 16 freeride touring binding has arrived!
Wide ski dimensions, ski boots with maximum torsional rigidity and an aggressive skiing style take on long, demanding slopes with the best possible ascent performance capabilities regarding stride length and lifted weight.
When it comes to providing the lightest product with maximum durability alongside optimum comfort on the ascent, look no further than the Dynafit development team - it's at the heart of what they do, and their guiding principle is to "make a freeride-touring binding out of little more than nothing"
For freeride tourers who reach the summit and then top it off by skiing down the face.
Especially for no-fall terrain, Dynafit bindings are the most commonly used and proven system on the world's ultra-steep slopes. Working together with extreme skiers has also produced constant improvements in every detail. It's a system developed by freeriders, for freeriders.
*The Beast 16 requires a modification of the boots and installation of Power Heel Inserts (included) that lock in the heel from above, increasing stiffness and power transmission (fits all boots with tech-inserts from all brands)
If you're into fast and light ascents without having to "take her easy" on the downhill, step into a pair of Dynafit Beast bindings.
- No lifted weight during ascents thanks to the frameless construction. World's first frameless touring binding to reach DIN 16
Weather and Wind:
- Binding entry force is low no matter the DIN setting, providing convenient entry in deep snow
- New, specially designed boot-heel insert for maximum force absoption even at DIN 16 plus optimum power transfer between binding and boot
- Maximum striding efficency thanks to the traditional Dynafit pivot point.
- Extra-wide binding baseplate designed for broad-shovel skis with a minimum waist width of 80mm
- Outstanding torsional rigidity with 4 attachment points to the boot (patent pending)
- Low forward-lean angle between toe and heel provides an extremely stable and smooth ride
- This design allows increased energy absorption through greater elasticity when performing dynamic actions (e.g., jumps) (patent pending)
- New, revolutionary designand setup for rear pivot points enable extra vertical movement, thus increasing the release path from 4mm to 10mm (patent pending)
- Rotating toe piece for ideally combating premature relsease caused by sudden impacts (patent pending)
- Perfectly complemented release mechanisms for toe and heel units
- Ultra-low binding height ensures boot is in close contact with the ski
As you may have gathered from the price tag, the Dynafit Beast 16 is no ordinary binding. It is, no pun intended, a whole different animal: the lightest DIN-16 binding in the world. Designed for no-compromise, hard-charging, big-mountain action, it can drive any ski/boot combination out there. Outdoor Gear Exchange is proud to be one of the few shops certified by Dynafit to install these exotic bindings, and at their request, any Beast bindings that we send out must be already mounted. You can either buy skis and boots from us and have us mount the Beasts prior to shipping, or you can send your existing boots and skis to us to have the Beasts mounted on them. Give us a call and we will work it out.
It's finally here. The extremely rugged touring binding from Dynafit climbs with ease and efficiency and with its DIN 16 it can take you down the gnarliest of no fall lines. Go get em'