Dynafit Vulcan TF Alpine Touring Boot -
Dynafit's Vulcan TF Alpine Touring Ski Boot is an ideal boot for freeriding or touring. This boot has won multiple awards, including the National Geographic Gear of the Year Award, the Power Skier's Choice Award and the Backcountry Editors' Choice Award. Designed with versatility in mind, it allows riders to adjust the amount of forward stiffness between 15 and 18 degrees. The boot also has a more flexible "walk mode" to make walking as easy as possible. It has the Dynafit Pro sole and superior heel retention, which is essential for big landings. Additional features of the Vulcan TF include a Grilamid shell, a carbon fiber cuff, a large top strap and the brand's Ultra-Lock buckle system. Made for excellent downhill speed, the Grilamid (polyamide) shell is incredibly lightweight and durable. A Downhill Booster Tongue allows some extra downhill flexibility for improved performance. Specs include 60 degree cuff rotation, three buckles and a weight of 1590 grams (about 7 pounds per pair). The Vulcan TF works with any current touring binding as well as Dynafit's Quick Step-In binding system.
Lining and Layers:
- Downhill Booster Tongue beefs up forward flex for hard-charging lines; remove it for climbing and cruising mellower terrain
- Thermoformable TF liner is heat moldable with memory foam that insures a good fit
- Lightweight thermo-formable (TF) liner with reinforced tongue, unique flex zone, and optional lacing, for Dynafit's highest-level fit and performance
- Carbon fiber and Grilamid cuff and driving spoiler adds stiffness to the shell, holds heel down, and features an adjustable lean angle
- 15-18 degrees of forward lean and 60-degree cuff rotation in walk mode, for full-time comfort
Traction and Grip:
- Pro Freeride sole features 3 different rubber compounds traction and binding compatibility
- 103 mm last
- Magnesium Ultra-Lock System for quick, easy release connected to walk mode
- 3 buckles
- Ski/walk mode with 60˚ cuff rotation is activated by top Ultra-Lock buckle.
- Compatible with Dynafit Quick Step-In or standard touring binding
- The Driving Spoiler 2.0 slides inside the cuff creates a wide cuff rotation
- Durable Dynafit Pro sticky rubber sole with TPU lugs to eliminate play found with rubber
- Super-strength Grilamid shell, an exceptionally resilient polyamide that endures prolonged exposure to extreme weather, so you can, too
- Ultra-Lock System 2.0 – The cuff buckle reduces lateral snag, the transition from SKI to WALK mode and reverse
- Central 45° Buckle System is anchored exactly on the shell pivot point, offering maximum heel retention for uphill and downhill
This is the boot the whole touring world has been waiting for. The Dynafit Vulcan TF Alpine Touring Ski Boots (otherwise known as the "Hoji" boots after pro skier and co-developer Eric Hjorliefson) evolved over the course of last season with Eric using his stash of miscellaneous boot parts to build up the ideal freetouring "Frankenboot." Crazy stiff when buckled due to the carbon fiber cuff, insane range of motion when skinning due to the Ultra-Lock Buckle System and it's 60˚ cuff rotation, and with fantastic heel hold-down from a middle buckle that lines up perfectly with your calcaneous, this boot is set to take over the backcountry freeride scene like wildfire. Why fight it? Pour some gas on the flames and light it up with the Dynafit Vulcan TF "Hoji" boot.
Oregon Mountain Community
All the best ski boot materials - Grilamid shell, carbon fiber and Pebax cuff, magnesium buckles - are used in the Dynafit Vulcan TF alpine touring boot. The top-shelf components combine to create impeccable skiing performance, easy walk-ability and acceptable touring weight. Dynafit's impressive technological innovations are what make this boot drive today's freeride skis really well.
The Vulcan TF Alpine Touring Boot has both touring sensibility and freeride ambition, plus the durability of the Parthenon. Made of Grilamid, a powerful yet lightweight polyamide, the Vulcan will climb fast and rip hard in the harshest conditions. You've met your match.