Dynafit Manaslu Alpine Touring Skis -
Dynafit Manaslu Alpine Touring Skis 2012: Built to be the one ski touring quiver, the Dynafit Manaslu Alpine Touring Skis make going up hill a breeze and coming down even better.Dynafit took the construction of their famous Stoke ski and integrated bamboo stringers into the Manaslu to give it a sturdier platform with better edgehold and no extra weight. The Dynafit Manaslu is a favorite of backcountry skiers worldwide - try it and you'll see why.
- Sandwich construction enhances durability and adds stability at high speeds.
Weather and Wind:
- A slight rocker at just the nose allows the ski to absorb more shock and float difficult snow conditions effortlessly.
- Isocore Paulownia Ultralight beech with bamboo stringers for strength and pop.
- Dual Radius Sidecut combines a wide radius shape in the tip for stability at high speed with a smaller turn radius in the tail to let you finish your turns with authority.
- 33.4/19 m @ 169 cm 118/92/104, 35.4/21 m @ 178 cm 122/95/108, 36/23 m @ 187 cm 124/95/109
- 33.4 m/19 m (169), 35.4 m/21 m (178), 36 m/23 m (187)
The Manaslu was designed for an expedition to Mount Manaslu in Nepal, where skiers would ski at over 26,000 ft. The ski needed to be lightweight, reliable and strong on the descent. Dynafit achieved their goal their goal with the Manaslu, then worked it over for a women's-specific backcountry dream. The new Dynafit Manaslu Ski for Women features an Isocore Palownia core for an energetic, poppy feel. A long, fat shovel keeps this ski charging over deep snow or variable snow conditions. The Manaslu is the perfect ski for freeride ski touring, yet it has also found a home with downhill skiers looking for a lightweight all-mountain ski. It performs well at high speed with a sintered graphite coated base which is more resistant with improved gliding characteristics and better wax absorption. Dynafit has over 50 years of ski experience and more than a few skiers have earned gold on Dynafit equipment. See how it feels to be lady of the summit.