Dynafit TLT Radical FT Binding -
Don't hesitate, stomp the up and smoke the down with the Dynafit TLT Radical FT Ski Bindings. The Radical FT is Dynafit's burliest lightweight offering with release values up to 12 and incorporates a number of changes like toe piece Side Towers for ease of step-in entry and improved resistance to lateral shock and Speed Step climbing bars at the heel, which flip up or down easily with ski poles. The Radical FT also incorporates a Carbon Plate shock absorber system that can be locked to stiffen the ski flex under the binding zone or left unlocked to let the ski flex naturally.
- Integrated sliding Anti-Friction Device (AFD) in brake pad
- Tour mode is accessed for all positions by rotating heel 1/4 turn clockwise. Height adjustment is done by flipping the Speed Step Climbing Bar up or down as needed. On the fly adjustments with a ski pole are simple and precise.
- Adjustable length +/- 12.5 mm
- Connection plate is made of pressed carbon to maximize rigidity when in the locked position
- At 75mm wide, this binding was made for wider freeride touring skis
- Made with forged 7075 aluminum, CrMo steel, stainless steel, high-strength plastic and Hexcel carbon
- The ski will have its own natural flex characteristics in the unlock position
- Alloy pivot post with polymer body and stainless steel heel pins
- Side towers on toe plate assist engaging the boot toe and reinforce the toe wings for use with stiff freeride boots
- In its locked position, the carbon plate also yields dampening over rough terrain thanks to rear rubber pieces
- maximum width (75 mm) for broad-shovel skis
- Speed Step heel riser provides three climbing levels and can easily be switched on the move with a ski pole
- Side Towers for quick binding entry and greater side impact resistance
- The carbon plate stiffens by shifting the shock absorber forward into lock
- Features release settings from 5-12, which suits the rowdiest backcountry skiers and ski mountaineers
- Jig/template optimized at the toe (just 4 screws instead of 5)
- Stopper with gliding plate for excellent side release
- Front toe piece jig template uses only four new mounting screws instead of five
- Uses Torx 20 screws instead of PoziDrive #3 screws
- Heel should only be rotated in clockwise direction.
- While locked, the rear rubber pieces work as dampeners and the ski stiffens up
- Torsional rigidity increases between the carbon plate and the front binding piece
- Clear advantages of weight and performance over other Alpine Touring systems
- Four screw mounting pattern rather than the traditional 5 hole Dynafit pattern
- Extremely hard wearing (basically indestructible) toe-piece
- We recommend a brake width equal to or at most 15 mm wider than the ski waist width.
- Supplied with a 110 mm brake
- Carbon plate features a switch that locks the plate in place for torsional rigidity and that creates a platform that more directly transfers power to your ski
- optimized eccentric cam
- The extremely durable aluminum toe piece features Side Towers (or Power Towers) that help to provide easier entry and enhanced power transfer, and that prevent pre-releasing in the steeps
- When in the touring position, the heel height can be adjust to all three position easily
- Toe lever should be in locked position for skinning.
- Rubber pieces in the rear add dampening when in lock mode Brake/boot interface now has a gliding plate to improve lateral release
- Includes brake (choose 110mm or 130mm based on ski width) so you don't lose your sticks during giant descents
Once again expanding the downhill performance of its freeride bindings, Dynafit introduces the TLT Radical FT Binding, which boasts the most powerful descent capabilities to date with the same lightweight, trusted Dynafit design. The TLT Radical FT is made with the strongest, lightest materials possible, including a carbon binding plate that connects the toe and heel pieces and provides incredible rigidity underfoot. With help from the reinforcing Side Towers on the toe piece, ski mountaineers and big mountain backcountry freeriders get the downhill security necessary for dropping into icy cirques and mile-long couloirs.
The Dynafit TLT Radical FT speaks loud and clear: it is the perfect solution for ski mountaineers and freeriders who love descents. All the advantages are crystal clear: lightweight and superior performance. The carbon plate stiffens by shifting the shock absorber forward into lock. In this position the rear rubber pieces work as dampeners, and the ski stiffens up. This increases torsional rigidity between the carbon plate and binding front piece. The ski will have its natural flex characteristics in the unlock position.
Oregon Mountain Community
The Dynafit Radical FT binding more than meets the demands of hard-charging freeride skiing, even with monster boots and super fat skis. The Vertical FT might be more weight penalty than some would wish, but compared to other freeride bindings these are far lighter.