Eddyline Fathom Kayak -
An elegant kayak for both aspiring novices or experience paddlers on extended tours, the Eddyline Fathom Kayak with Skeg moves through ocean waters like it's a part of the natural environment.
Made in USA.
Lining and Layers:
- 2-layer plastic laminate offers incredible stiffness and a hard, glossy appearance that resists abrasion and impact; plus, because it's plastic, it can also be easily repaired
- Plastic is shaped into a 2-layer sheet with durable interior and an abrasion- and UV-resistant exterior, and then it's thermoformed using very high temperatures and a vacuum
- Fully outfitted as a sea cruising kayak with perimeter lines, bow and stern bulkheads, and three day hatches
- Fits medium adults, seals spray skirt size 1.4
- Full-volume front deck offers enough room for large paddlers, and the countoured thigh braces offer a secure fit for any size paddler
- Cockpit features padded thigh braces and an adjustable seat and backband for optimal comfort
- Tracks well on its own; drop down skeg with flush, smooth adjustment allows for even better tracking when battling winds or currents
- Full-volume front deck provides ample space for long legs, and adjustable foot pedals accommodate paddlers of any size
- Sliding seat adjusts in relation to the thighbraces to enhance comfort
- Combination of hard chines mid-ship and a healthy amount of rocker provide high secondary stability, making leaned, carved turns and more advanced techniques easy
- Fast, highly-efficient hull accelerates almost effortlessly
- The Eddyline Fathom features a good amount of initial stability to build confidence for new paddlers on multiday excursions
- Skeg is deployable in small increments to allow for fine-tuning in any condition in order to reduce weathercocking in crosswinds and increase tracking
- The Eddyline Fathom features bulkheads, a recessed compass holder, and 3 day hatches with enough space to easily pack in overnight gear and then some
- Hatches offer enough storage space for weekend camping trips
- Deck bungees keep your essential gear secure and close at hand
- Co-extruded ABS laminate creates a hull that offers the looks and performance of a composite kayak with the durability of plastic
- Low back deck makes it easy to execute a roll
Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS)
Whether you're just graduating to sea kayaking or have been paddling open water for years, the performance of the Eddyline Fathom is sure to please any paddler, regardless of skill level.