EMedia Guitar Method Educational Edition Win/Mac CD-ROM -
The eMedia Guitar Method Educational Edition is the most complete guitar instruction software available today and a great choice as the primary guitar software for school guitar classrooms, whether electric or acoustic. Guitar class is more fun and productive with eMedia's music education technologies that help today's tech-savvy students engage with the guitar curriculum and progress quickly. Interactive Feedback and other eMedia technologies make learning easier by helping students see when they are playing melody and note exercises correctly.
Over 180 lessons teach guitar curriculum that covers basics such as tuning, strumming and simple chords; plus students learn fingerpicking, reading music notation and theory, tablature and more. The included 46-day Lesson Plan and Teacher's Guide helps you teach guitar using the software as part of your current guitar curriculum or as a new school guitar class.
Students build confidence by playing the over 70 songs, including pop hits such as "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" and "Rock'n Me" plus numerous folk classics and some simple classical pieces. Plus eMedia music education software shares many of these songs across multiple instrumental methods (piano, guitar and bass), so that different music classes can play songs together.
- Songs and guitar lessons as audio and MIDI tracks where selections can be looped, slowed down, or sped up
- Guitar curriculum that teaches hand position, fingerings, picking, chords, plus how to read guitar tabs (tablature) and music notation
- Instant Feedback listens via the computer's microphone and highlights correctly played notes in melodies and exercises as they are played
- A 46-day Lesson Plan and Teacher's Guide to help use the guitar curriculum as part of your guitar lab
- More than 50 videos, with split-screen view and close-ups of both hands showing proper guitar technique
- Over 180 guitar lessons by Kevin Garry, Ph.D., noted guitarist and Professor of Music
- Over 70 songs, including "Scarborough Fair," "House of the Rising Sun," "Romanza," "Dreamboat Annie," and others to keep guitar classes fun
- Note Tracker and Finger Tracker technology that displays the notes a student plays in music notation and on the Animated Fretboard as the guitar software listens to the player via the computer microphone
- An Animated Fretboard that shows fingerings for lessons and songs
- Integrated guitar tools including a guitar tuner, chord chart/dictionary, fingering charts, metronome and recorder that makes a great tool for assessing student progress
- Flash card quizzes to test students and teach guitar note recognition