Epson Stylus Pro 4900 17" Designer Edition Inkjet Printer 2880x1440dpi USB 2.0 and Ethernet Port Interface -
Designed to redefine the standard for photographic print quality, the Epson Stylus Pro 4900 incorporates the latest achievements in professional-level ink jet technology. By combining the precision of the MicroPiezo TFP print head with the extraordinary performance of Epson UltraChrome HDR Ink, the newest generation of Epson Stylus Pro printers continue to represent a level of technology unprecedented in Epson's history.
Epson UltraChrome HDR represents the latest generation of pigment ink technology. Now utilizing ten colors - including an all-new Orange and Green - Epson UltraChrome HDR Ink produces the widest color gamut ever from an Epson Stylus Pro printer. Even more remarkable, when combined with the new Epson AccuPhoto HDR screening technology, Epson has once again raised the level of print quality, while setting a new benchmark standard for photographic reproduction.
The advanced Epson MicroPiezo TFP print head is capable of producing higher quality prints, at speeds up to twice as fast as the previous generation. And, with the latest ink-repelling coating and auto nozzle verification technologies, clogged nozzles are virtually eliminated.
Handling virtually any media type, in both roll or cut-sheet up to 17-inch wide, the Epson Stylus Pro 4900 continues to set the standard for professional media use. And for the first time, you can have both the front paper tray and roll feeder loaded with different media types and automatically switch between them as you print.
In partnership with X-Rite, Epson has developed a high performance, in-line spectrophotometer for commercial proofing applications. When driven by the latest front-end RIPs, the SpectroProofer can automate virtually any color management process in your workflow, making the Epson Stylus Pro 4900 the perfect solution for the most demanding local and even remote proofing applications.
Whether you're producing sellable color or black-and-white photography, fine art reproduction, or producing color accurate commercial and flexographic proofs for client approvals, never before have Creative Professionals had such powerful tools, allowing them to produce their vision without compromise.
The Epson 4900 is commonly used for Photos and more.The Epson 4900 is most used by customers who consider themselves to be a Frequent user among others.The Epson 4900 is popular because customers like the following qualities of the Epson 4900: Easy to set up, Easy to use, Fast print time and Low ink consumption.
Lining and Layers:
- Maximum resolution of 2880 x 1440 dpi for incredibly sharp text and line art
- Produces variable-sized droplets as small as 3.5 picoliters to greatly decrease print times while optimizing photographic quality
- Extremely accurate highlight-to-shadow details
- When combined with the precise dot placement accuracy of the Epson MicroPiezo TFP print head, overall photographic print quality is dramatically improved
- Low vibration meniscus control for highly accurate dot shape and placement
- Produces extremely fine blends and photographic transitions
- Advanced ten-color screening algorithm resulting in prints with superior color and clarity
- One-inch wide, high performance print head with 360 nozzles per channel
- No visible photographic graininess due to the printing process
- Built-in sensor performs highly precise alignments of all color channels
- Ink repelling coating for dramatically reduced nozzle clogging
- Designed to work with Epson AccuPhoto HDR screening technology
- Thin Film Piezo (TFP) print head design capable of handling ten separate ink channels
- Outstanding short-term color stability for mission-critical proofing applications
- Improved Microcrystal Encapsulation Technology for reduced gloss differential
- Ensures consistent color balance regardless of the viewing light source
- Improved black density up to 2.6 with an L value approx. 3.0
- Professional print permanence ratings
- Certified by PANTONE to cover 98% of the Formula Guide Solid Coated
- Unique High Dynamic Range (HDR) pigments for an extremely wide color gamut
- Auto-sharing black ink channel technology
- Ten-color printing system including all-new Orange and Green inks