Epson Stylus Pro 9890 Printer Designer Edition with TFP Print Head 44.2" Print Width -
The Epson Stylus Pro 9890 Printer Designer Edition incorporates the latest achievements in photographic ink jet technology. By combining the precision of their MicroPiezo TFP print head with the proven performance of their eight-color Epson UltraChrome K3 with Vivid Magenta, their newest generation of Epson Stylus Pro printers continue to represent a level of technology unprecedented in Epson's history.
Epson UltraChrome K3 with Vivid Magenta utilizes eight colors - including auto-switching Photo and Matte Black inks - while setting the benchmark standard for the industry. Even more remarkable, by combining them with their new AccuPhoto HD screening technology, Epson has once again raised the level of print quality.
The Epson MicroPiezo TFP print head is capable of producing higher quality prints, at speeds almost twice as fast as their previous generation. And, with their latest ink-repelling coating and auto nozzle verification technologies, clogged nozzles are virtually eliminated. Like their higher-end Epson Stylus Pro 900 series printers, Epson has developed, in partnership with X-Rite, a high performance, in-line spectrophotometer for commercial proofing applications. When driven by the latest front-end RIPs, the SpectroProofer can automate virtually any color management process in your workflow.
With printers capable of handling virtually any media type, in roll or cut sheets, up to 24 or 44 inches wide, Epson continues to set the standard for professional media use. Whether producing sellable color or black-and-white photography, point-of-sale signage, or even color accurate commercial proofs for client approvals, creative professionals now have a powerful tool allowing them to produce their vision without compromise.
Lining and Layers:
- Maximum resolution of 2880 x 1440 dpi for incredibly sharp text and line art
- Produces variable-sized droplets as small as 3.5 picoliter to greatly decrease print times while optimizing photographic quality
- Advanced screening algorithm, resulting in prints with superior color and clarity
- Thin Film Piezo (TFP) print head design capable of handling eight separate ink channels
- Auto-sharing black ink channel technology
- All-new ink-repelling coating to dramatically reduce nozzle clogging
- Embedded sensors quickly verify nozzle status without using media
- Colorimetric calibration is performed during the manufacturing process
- Professional print permanence ratings
- The result is extreme color repeatability for demanding color performance over time
- Unique production technology to ensure printer-to-printer color consistency
- One-inch wide high-performance print head with 360 nozzles per channel
- Completely eliminates the need for internal printer calibration devices or procedures
- When combined with the precise dot placement accuracy of the Epson MicroPiezo TFP print head, overall photographic print quality is dramatically improved
- Extremely accurate highlight-to-shadow detail
- Simultaneously uses Black, Light Black and Light Black inks
- No visible photographic graininess due to the printing process
- Low vibration meniscus control for highly accurate dot shape and placement
- Produces extremely fine blends and photographic transitions
- Ensures consistent color balance regardless of the viewing light source
- Industry-defining, 8-Color, Pigment-Based Ink System
- Outstanding short-term color stability for mission-critical Improved Microcrystal Encapsulation technology for reduced gloss differential
- This process automatically evaluates and adjusts the color performance of each printer produced
- Designed to work with Epson AccuPhoto HD screening technology
- Unique formulation of Magenta pigments for extreme blues and purples