Exped Downmat 9 -
The Exped DownMat 9 is designed for comfortable sleeping on cold, snowy surfaces. It is designed with an R-value of 8 for temperatures as low as -36 degrees Fahrenheit. Made with ultralight down, the DownMat 9 is conveniently smaller and lighter than other mats of equal warmth. It weighs in at just 34.9 ounces. The mat comes with two low profile air valves with one for inflation and one for deflation. The design of the valves makes them easy to use and very durable. Other features of the DownMat 9 include a durable laminated polyester fabric that is airtight and water resistant. This fabric feels comfortable against the skin, and it also prevents slipping. High frequency welded seams prevent air leaks, and two loops at the head make it easy to secure the packsack to the mat to use it as a pillow. The ends of the mat has light foam blocks to keep the air from moving around between chambers. This design prevents cold spots and ensures a thick layer of padding evenly throughout the mat. With serious warmth, durability and a light weight, it is easy to see why the DownMat 9 won the 2002/2003 European Outdoor Award.
- Laminated polyester fabric is both durable, airtight and humidity resistant. The shell‘s top surface is of brushed polyester fabric that provides excellent slip resistance and comfort next to the skin. Dark colors dry quickly. The seams are high frequency welded for durability.
- Light foam blocks at the mat‘s ends prevent down from escaping or migrating between chambers.
- Exped only uses IDFL-certified goose down, specially treated to eliminate the effects of humidity that may reach the mat‘s interior.
- 700 fill goose down insluated, extremely high R-values
Weather and Wind:
- DownMat is unmatched for winter camping and sleeping on snow.
- I-beam baffles
- Both low profile valves (pat. pend) one for inflation and the other for deflation ensure ease of use. As the valves are flat and not on the mat‘s edge they do not protrude and are therefore protected and durable.
- Two loops at the head end can be used to secure the packsack to the mat when used as a pillow.
- Integrated pump for quick and easy inflation
- Proven 4-season performance
The Exped Down Mat 9 features down insulation that significantly reduces heat loss, which has been proven everywhere from the laboratory to trying expeditions. The Exped down mats also have a thick cushion of air that provides comfort and smooths out uneven ground, and since down compresses extremely well, can pack smaller than other insulated mats.
DECENT FEATURES of the Exped Down Mat 9.
The SPECS of the Exped Down Mat 9.
Exped's Downmats are outrageously comfortable, ultra-warm, and super-compact. Down insulation drastically reduces heat loss and is more compressible than synthetic fill, allowing you to save space while maximizing comfort. An integrated pump makes inflation a snap and eliminates moisture buildup caused by mouth/lung inflation.