Explore Scientific ED102 102mm f/7 (714mm) Air Spaced Carbon Fiber Triplet Refractor Telescope 1.14 arcsec Resolution 2-Speed Crayford-Style Focuser -
The Explore Scientific ED102 102mm f/7 (714mm) Air Spaced Carbon Fiber Triplet Refractor Telescope comes equipped with a fully baffled carbon fiber tube optical tube. These knife edge baffles are matte black which significantly enhances contrast. The air spaced lens elements deliver true color free APO performance. Optics are diffraction limited at .25PV or better. The Explore Scientific 102mm Carbon Refractor is built with Genuine ED glass from Hoya Japan. Enhanced Multi-Layer Coatings (EMD) are deposited on optical elements to boost contrast and eliminate light scatter. It has a newly designed fully collimatable lens cell.
Lining and Layers:
- Enhanced Multi-Layer Coatings (EMD) are deposited on the optical elements of the Explore ED102 to boost contrast and eliminate light scatter
- To attach your Explore Scientific ED102 Air-Spaced Triplet telescope to a variety of mounts, the "Vixen-style" dovetail is included. The "Vixen-style" plate fits mounts made by Explore, Meade, Celestron, Vixen & others.
- Contrast is further enhanced with the installation of matte black knife-edge baffles in the optical tube assembly
- While refractors seldom require additional collimation after initial factory adjustment, the lens cell design allows for consumer collimation. While you always have the option of sending your 102ED Triplet off to the factory for adjustment, it is not required
- It comes with a heavy-duty 2" dual-speed rotatable focuser, included 2 draw tube extensions
- The carbon fiber optical tube of the ED102 Triplet is strong, yet lightweight
- All Air-Spaced Apochromatic Triplets have true APO optics and are diffraction limited at .25PV or better
- Genuine ED glass from Hoya Japan
- Included 2" diagonal has a precision-polished mirror with enhanced 99% dielectric coatings. A 1.25" compression ring adapter is part of this package