Falcon Guides Hiking New York - It doesn't matter if you're gearing up for your first hike ever or have been hiking for years—with 75 hikes to choose from, Hiking New York: A Guide to the State's Best Hiking Adventures , by Rhonda and Greg Ostertag, is sure to lead you on an adventure you'll love.
- 9 x 6 x 0.75 in.
- Covers the Adirondacks, Niagara Frontier, Finger Lakes Region, the Catskills, Hudson Valley, and Long Island
- 2009, third edition, 296 pages
- Describes 75 hikes suited for every ability level
- Comprehensive trail descriptions include a map, mile markers, difficulty rating, average hiking time, elevation profile, best hiking season for the route, canine compatibility, and information on fees/permits
- “Trail Finder” chart at the front of the book makes it easy to pick a trail at a glance by showing which are best for backpackers, children, dogs, nature lovers, history lovers, or peak baggers, and which have the best waterfalls and vistas