Filson Oil Finish Wax -
For touching up hard wearing or flex areas on oil finish garments, or for complete reproofing. Filson's special paraffin-based wax gives your Filson garment extreme durability and resistance to wind and water, while remaining pliable for extended comfortable wear. Heavy-use areas can benefit from occasional touch-ups. Under extremely heavy use, areas of the garment subject to abrasion and flexing can lose some of their finish, and therefore some of their water repellency. By giving those areas a little extra protection from time to time with Filson's Original Oil Finish Wax, you can maintain water repellency as good as the day you bought the garment. Re-proof as often as necessary.
Weather and Wind:
- Apply wax generously with your fingers or a clean cloth. Use light, short, circular strokes to work thoroughly into the affected areas -- usually seams, creases, and high-flex areas.
- Brush all excess dirt from the area to be treated. Wipe clean with a soft cloth and cold water. WARNING: Use clean cold water ONLY. Do NOT use soap or detergents.
- Use a hair dryer or heat gun evenly over application, or hang in direct sunlight, for a real "factory" finish. Hang garment overnight in a warm place, away from open flame.
- Formerly style #001-A Filson's Original Oil Finish Wax
- For best results re-proof in warm conditions. If in sub-freezing temperatures, it my be necessary to stand tin in hot water to soften wax.