Flashpoint Video Shootskate Kit for iPhone -
Here's a great way to get those smooth-tracking shots you admire in movies-with your iPhone! The Flashpoint Video ShootSkate rolls along on four silky, bearing-mounted polyurethane wheels, the same kind used for popular inline skates. The supplied Flashpoint seven-inch adjustable arm lets you position the iPhone at the height and angle you want. And the supplied tripod mount holds your iPhone securely to the business end of the arm. Attach your iPhone, set this compact rig on a smooth surface, plan your shot-and just move the skate along as the video rolls.
The Flashpoint Video ShootSkate's chassis is made of handsomely-finished, black-anodized aluminum, so it's light and strong. Its front and rear axles swing at angles to the platform and can be locked in with thumbscrews so that the ShootSkate moves in a straight line, a gentle arc, or a complete circle around your subject. That circle can be well under one foot, allowing close-up iPhone video of small objects.
You don't have to use the arm and iPhone holder: Located in the center of the ShootSkate's mounting platform is a ¼-20 tripod screw (tightened with a knob on the bottom) that allows you to attach even a substantial ball head. The best choice depends on what you're mounting-iPhone, DSLR, or camcorder-and how much flexibility you need. (Just make sure the attachment can properly support your camera's weight.)
Support and Cushioning:
- 1/4-20 tripod screw allows mounting of a variety of tripod heads and support arms
- Skate can be moved in a tight circle for full 360-degree close-up iPhone video
- Swinging front and rear axles can be locked at angles for curving or circular iPhone movement
- High-quality bearings and polyurethane wheels make iPhone video "takes" ultrasmooth
- Affordable option for iPhone video "tracking"