Flashpoint DV DSLR Matte Box Pro Complete Bundle 2 w/Follow Focus Pro II 15mm Swingaway Arm Flags & Side Wings Rubber Donuts Filter Stage & Tray Base Plate Quick Release Plate -
The Flashpoint DV DSLR Matte Box Pro is the best value in a creative videographer's treasury of tools.
Adding a simple matte box to your camera lens strengthens the clarity and contrast that lens flare can destroy. The detrimental effects of light entering even the most expensive lenses are reversed. Not just a 'lens hood on steroids', but a rotating 16:9 filter holder and masking system that suits the specifics of your lens and camera combination. The superior material finish of the machined aluminum and the generous thumb screws, tension knobs or locking hubs, make it perfect for field or studio use without special tools. French flags are firmly secured and twin side wing, adjustable flaps that perfect the protective shade of the matte box, feature locking tracks and catch tabs. As filmmaking is often a moving experience, the lens is subjected to various light paths to keep the action framed properly. The matte box customizable components minimize the challenges of a camera in motion facing harsh environmental or studio lighting. The matte box has 360 degree rotating filter stage and filter trays that support both 4 X 4 and 4 X 5.65 filter sizes. While 'you can do it in post' is a familiar expression, endless hours and expense can be saved by getting better final images while recording. Using filters during your shoot will give you great color and style before the footage gets anyplace near editing.
The Flashpoint DV DSLR Matte Box Pro Complete Bundle 2 provides quick and accurate focus pulls with any DSLR and lens combination and adds the ease, convenience and professionalism of the Flashpoint Follow Focus Pro II. The premium system creates professional level shift effects, imparts atmosphere, and smooth sophisticated perspective changes in HD video recording. Simply attach the adjustable gear collar onto the lens barrel, mate the follow focus drive mechanism to the gear collar and setup your shot. The generous master gear is a stepdown radial dial for translating gross rotation to very fine, subtle adjustments, not obtainable with direct focus control on a lens. By noting the start and finish of the shot with the generous erasable marking surface, exacting focus pulls are achieved. Using rotating A/B hard-stop markers, a cameraman can independently hit the proper sharpness during filming at the appropriate frame, again and again, without ever overcranking. The completely slip-free gear drive design is mountable from either side for right or left handed operators.
Compatible with Nikon, Canon and many more popular DSLR's for great HD cinematography.
- High grade machined aluminum construction
- 4 neoprene donuts to fit lenses of varying diameters (diameter of openings 51mm,64mm, 76mm, 102mm)
Support and Cushioning:
- 2 dual-purpose filter trays, supporting both 4x4 and 4x5.6" filter sizes (rotating 360 degrees)
- Standard Accessory Port on Focus Wheel
- White Erasable Marker Wheel
- Precision engineered swing-away mechanism for quick lens changes
- Positive securing locks, knobs and Tool Free adjustments
- Adjustable A-B Hard Stops with override spanning 180 Degrees
- Only 17 oz
- One Year Warranty
- Right and Left Hand Control Slip free Gear Drive Design
- Ultimate Matte Box for all still and video formats
- Standard 15mm Rod Compatible
- Universal compatibility with 15mm rail systems
- Quick Release Plate
- Compatible with wide angle lenses
- Complete with top flag and two adjustable side flags in aluminium (all detachable)
- Industry standard height with +/-10mm adjustment
- Industry Standard 0.8 Gear Pitch