Folbot Citibot 100 Folding Kayak -
Whether you bring it hiking, biking or exploring urban waterways, the portable Folbot Citibot 100 folding kayak goes where hard-shell kayaks can only dream about.
Made in USA.
- Urethane-coated polyester protects the decks; all outer materials on the Folbot Citbot resist UV light and are designed to take a beating without puncturing
- Used by roofers, the military and whitewater-raft makers, a synthetic rubber material called Elvaloy is tough like a rhino's hide and protects the hull of the Citibot
- What’s included? Your kayak will come inside its backpack with skin, frame, 2 foot braces, 2 air sponsons, 2 safety bladders, and inflatable seat
- Inflatable chambers called sponsons run the full length of the boat to increase tension and lock frame pieces into place; sponsons also flare out the hull to enhance stability
- Frame of the Citibot is just as sturdy as its skin, with stainless-steel keel brackets (say that 3 times fast), aircraft-grade tubing and anodized aluminum cross pieces
- Thanks to a clever tensioning device in the rear of the kayak, you can first assemble the frame and then insert it into the skin, streamlining the set-up process
- The Citibot 100 is easy to manage on calm waters, and it offers excellent stability and surprisingly responsive tracking for a boat of its size
- Easy-to-open zippers with high-strength zipper heads offer access to interior of kayak; rip-and-stick stormflaps and water-resistant closures keep things sealed up tight
- Seat and footpegs adjust to create a comfortable position in the cockpit
- It sets up in about 10 min., and folds up into a pack that you can store in your gear closet or your car's trunk
- Solid aluminum strip protects the bow and stern keels
- Maybe you can't store a hard-shell at home, or maybe you want to explore local waters like a beach or a lake; either way, you'll want a Folbot