Folbot Cooper 166 Folding Kayak -
Simply put, the Folbot Cooper 166 folding kayak takes the idea of a portable kayak to the next level, combining innovative design with high-quality materials to create one smooth ride.
Made in USA.
- Urethane-coated polyester protects the decks; all outer materials on the Folbot Cooper resist UV light and are designed to take a beating without puncturing
- Used by roofers, the military and whitewater-raft makers, a synthetic rubber material called Elvaloy is tough like a rhino's hide and protects the hull of the Cooper
- What’s included? Your kayak will come inside its backpack with skin, frame, 2 foot braces, 2 air sponsons, 2 safety bladders, and inflatable seat
- Inflatable chambers called sponsons run the full length of the boat to increase tension and lock frame pieces into place; sponsons also flare out the hull to enhance stability
- Frame of the Cooper is just as sturdy as its skin, with stainless-steel keel brackets (say that 3 times fast), aircraft-grade tubing and anodized aluminum cross pieces
- Thanks to a clever tensioning device in the rear of the kayak, you can first assemble the frame and then insert it into the skin, streamlining the set-up process
- Easy-to-open zippers with high-strength zipper heads offer access to interior of kayak; rip-and-stick stormflaps and water-resistant closures keep things sealed up tight
- Seat and footpegs adjust to create a comfortable position in the cockpit
- Designed for oceans, lakes and slow moving rivers, the Cooper offers excellent tracking and solid stability
- Solid aluminum strip protects the bow and stern keels
- It sets up in about 15 - 20 min., and folds up into a pack that you can store in your car's trunk or your gear closet
- Maybe you can't store a hard-shell at home, or maybe you want the best paddling experience possible on an upcoming destination trip; either way, you'll want a Folbot