Forge Saranac CM 17.5" Comfort Bike - Gray - Forge Saranac CM is a great crossover bike, innovatively designed for handling a wide range of terrain, from paved pathways to light dirt trails. Powered by front and rear Shimano Altus derailleur and drivetrain with KMC chain and Shimano cassette, Saranac stands alone in overall quality. This Comfort Mountain Series unites the best of both worlds: a quality SR NEX shock in the front fork, WTB Comfort V Comp saddle and seat post suspension, adjustable stem for comfort or performance, an all Aluminum double butted quality frame and 26x1.95" mountain/hybrid tires. Note: Frame size is determined by measuring the distance from the center of the bottom bracket (the bolt that locks in the crank) to the top of the seat tube. Stand-over height is determined by measuring the distance from the ground to the top tube. A bike that you ride only on paved surfaces and never take off road should give you a minimum stand-over height clearance of 2", a bike that you ride on unpaved surfaces should give you a minimum of 3" of stand-over height clearance and a bike that you ride off road should give you a minimum of 4" of stand-over height clearance.
- All-aluminum, double-butted lightweight frame with integrated rack, child seat and fender mounts
Traction and Grip:
- Forge adjustable stem for optional riding positions and WTB saddle and Velo grips for comfort and performance
- SR NEX suspension fork to smooth out the bumps and alloy seat post suspension with adjustable clamp for a smooth ride
- Shimano Altus 21-speed derailleur and Shimano Altus shifters
- Kenda 26x1.95" hybrid tire from light off-road to bike paths with Tektro alloy linear brakes for reliable stopping