Fraser Optics 14x40 Stedi-Eye Observer Stabilized LE Edition Water Proof Roof Prism Binocular with 4.3deg. Angle of View with Case & Pouch Black -
The Fraser Optics 14x40 Stedi-Eye Observer LE Edition Binocular with Hard Case & Pouch is an advanced electro-optical device designed for long-range observations from unstable viewing platforms on the ground, in the air, or at sea. Stedi-Eye series optics are designed to withstand long-term use in demanding weather conditions.
The Observer uses gyro stabilization technology to correct up to 98% of image motion caused by hand tremor and platform motion. This technology is especially useful for law enforcement personnel and first responders observing from a marine vessel, moving vehicle, or helicopter. When in high-speed pursuit or conducting aerial and marine surveillance, the Observer's stabilized viewing platform can be the difference between mission success and failure. As the optical housing pitches and/or rolls, the gyro mechanism compensates for the motion by mechanically orienting the prisms in the opposite direction.
This process of stabilization occurs in real time and corrects motion on the pitch and roll axes within 8 degrees. All configurations of the Observer series are built to the same construction standards as Fraser-Volpe's military spec optics. The weatherproof/buoyant housing, fully multicoated optics and supplemental external power supply make the Observer a full-featured binocular for first responders and tactical professionals.
- Touch pad and switch lock to stabilize
Weather and Wind:
- 100% sealed, buoyant, submersible and waterproof
Traction and Grip:
- No-slip neoprene cover for added comfort and grip
- Advanced gyro-stabilization system
- Built-in regulator for external power; continuous operation for 12 hours on 2 AA batteries
- Scan rate (8deg./sec)
- Wide field of view
- Up to 98% reduction of image motion
- Shockproof and ruggedized for extreme conditions
- Fully multi-coated MgFI optics for enhanced light transmission