G3 Genuine Guide Gear 300 Carbon Speed TECH -
The 300 carbon speed tech probe is Genuine Guide Gear's lightest and stiffest full length probe. G3 improved on its design by coating its cables with stainless steel to prevent corrosion. High strength triaxial carbon fiber tubing denotes five millimeter increment markings along the shaft and extends to a full ten feet, one inch. Speed cone technology means quicker assemblage time in those precious seconds. Also, rest assured, the 300 carbon speed tech probe is resistant to icing.
- Our lightest and stiffest full length probe
Weather and Wind:
- Graduated markings in 5mm increments along the entire length of the probe allow for precise measurements when digging a snow pit or during rescue applications
- Completely resistant to icing
- Improved cable durability due to bigger holes in speed cones
- Coated stainless steel cable to prevent corrosion
- G3’s speed cone technology for quick and easy assembly
- Ice-resistant tech helps prevent jamming
- Quick-pull deployment extends the probe in seconds and can be operated with bulky gloves
- G3 Cone tech tapers the tip of the ferrules for a quicker assembly and improved cable durability
- Lightweight triaxial carbon fiber tubing keeps weight to a minimum
Backcountry.com (Fall 2013)
There's no need to carry a heavy pack or forgo an essential safety tool when you pack the G3 300 Carbon Speed TECH Probe. This avy probe's lightweight design will help you shave ounces off your pack weight, and the 300cm, graduated markings could help you knock minutes off the search for your partner should an avalanche happen.
Completely redesigned with G3’s new quick deploy mechanism, Carbon Speed TECH avalanche probes are designed for those looking for the strongest, most durable, lightweight equipment available.