G3 Genuine Guide Gear 240 Speed TECH Probe -
When tangling with the backcountry, your survival is directly tied to the quality of your gear. The G3 240 Speed Tech Probe is a slick combination of lightweight strength and reliability. Use the quick deploy mechanism to whip it into action as soon as the need arises, and never worry about it icing up. Both weekend warriors and professionals are trusting the success of their expedition to the G3 240 Speed Tech Probe.
Weather and Wind:
- Graduated markings in 5mm increments along the entire length of the probe allow for precise measurements when digging a snow pit or during rescue applications
- G3 Cone tech tapers the tip of the ferrules for a quicker assembly and improved cable durability
- Strong triaxial carbon fiber tubing
- Lightweight and dependable aluminum tubing keeps weight to a minimum without sacrificing durability
- Ice-resistant tech helps prevent jamming
- Completely resistant to icing
- Quick-pull deployment extends the probe in seconds and can be operated with bulky gloves
- G3’s speed cone technology for quick and easy assembly
Oregon Mountain Community
Lighten your backcountry pack with the G3 Carbon Speed TECH Probe. At about 8 oz., it probably weighs less than your sandwich. Redesigned with a new quick deploy mechanism, Carbon Speed TECH's are designed for those seeking a strong, durable, and lightweight avalanche probe.
Backcountry.com (Fall 2013)
A beacon, shovel, and probe are essential tools of the trade in any avalanche rescue situation, so don’t skimp on basics and instead pack along the durable, reliable G3 Speed Pro Tech Probe. Thanks to its lightweight design, quick-deploy tech, and ice-resistant features, the Pro Tech can shave ounces off of your pack weight without holding you back in an emergency.