Garmin Oregon 600 -
For the latest in touchscreen GPS technology, the Garmin Oregon 600 WW is just what you need to help you orient yourself on the road, get back to the trailhead, or find the nearest geocache. The high-sensitivity GPS and GLONASS satellite tracking work with the world-wide base map and customizable buttons to give you a better navigational experience with a simple touch. The reflective display is easy to read, with a strengthened screen for impact resistance. With an electronic compass, barometric altimeter, and the option to add maps and load geocaches, you'll never be bored with the Oregon 600 WW at your side!
Support and Cushioning:
- Download caches from OpenCaching.com and load up to 4 million of them on the unit; the Garmin 600 WW supports GGZ files
- Filter caches by size, terrain, type, and difficulty or connect to chirp-enabled caches
- Layout options provide you with 33% more on-screen data at once; multiple pages of data fields can be added, each customizable with one of four layouts: 2 large fields, 1 large + 4 small fields, 6 small fields, or 8 small fields
- Wirelessly (with Bluetooth® or ANT+) share waypoints, tracks, routes, and geocaches with other wireless-compatible Garmin handheld devices (such as the Chirp™ or Tempe™)
- Dual orientation allows you to view maps and data in either portrait or landscape mode to maximize navigation and typing abilities
- Create shortcuts to apps, switch profiles, and apply settings with a single touch
- Barometric altimeter tracks changes in pressure to pinpoint your exact altitude, and can be used to plot barometric pressure over time to keep an eye on changing weather
- Multi-touch screen accommodates gloved operation, ideal for cooler climates and winter use
- Automatic routing is convenient for vehicle use for turn-turn directions (with optional mapping for detailed roads when using the basemap included)
- State-of-the-art dual battery system uses either a rechargeable NiMH battery pack or traditional AA batteries (batteries not included); battery life lasts up to 16 hours
- Pre-loaded with a worldwide basemap with shaded relief; easily add more maps—trail, marine, and road—with Garmin mapping software (sold separately)
- Additional maps can be added (sold separately) for greater road, topographical, or nautical detail, allowing you to use the Oregon 600 WW in the car, in the backcountry, or on the water
- Three-axis electronic compass with accelerometer and barometric altimeter sensors help you get your bearings, even when you're standing still or not holding it level
- Sunlight-readable touchscreen display has dual orientation and a brightness-adjustable backlight for easier reading
- On-screen displays show your current speed, average speed, direction, moving time, stopped time, trip mileage, elevation, barometric pressure, and more
- Advanced waypoint management displays all of your data on one editable screen
- Works with BaseCamp™ software to let you view and organize maps, waypoints, routes, and tracks (free download, not included) for thorough trip-planning
- Dashboards let you hide/show app functions so you get the information you want at a glance and can multi-task without having to disable the app
- Reflective display technology combines external light with the LED backlight to enhance screen brightness and visibility while conserving power by eliminating the need to turn up the backlight
- Integrated flashlight has high, low, and strobe modes to meet your lighting needs and save battery power
- World-wide basemap with shaded relief helps you navigate major roadways and recreational area
- Built-in 3-axis electronic compass with accelerometer tilt compensation shows where you’re heading, even while standing still or not holding the device level
- High-sensitivity WAAS- and GLONASS-enabled GPS receiver and HotFix satellite prediction precisely locates your position quickly and maintains location even in heavy cover or deep canyons
- Bluetooth compatibility lets you wirelessly transfer large files (such as photos, geocaches, routes, or custom maps) between Oregon 600-series devices; ANT+ compatibility allows for the use of heart rate or cadence sensors
The highly sensitive GPS and GLONASS satellite tracking abilities of Garmin's Oregon 600 GPS pair with a 3-axis electronic compass and advanced elevation plot to precisely map and locate where you've been and where you're going.
Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS)
Take GPS mapping and positioning to a whole new level with the Garmin Oregon 600. This highly sensitive, highly accurate device uses some of the most advanced technology on the market to enhance your backpacking, kayaking, or road trips.
Country of Origin: Imported
Simply tap your finger on the brightly colored, easy-to-read, 3" touch-screen display and explore like never before. Rugged, waterproof and easy to use, the dual-band GPS and GLONASS satellites provide excellent location accuracy. Includes barometric altimeter, three-axis electronic compass and ANT technology that gives you the ability to wirelessly exchange user routes, tracks, waypoints and paperless geocaches with other select Garmin devices. Bluetooth® capability allows you to transfer the same data to your computer. Dual orientation on the display lets you toggle between landscape and portrait views. Integrated basemap with digital elevation model data. Multitouch surface is glove-friendly and easy to read, even in sunlight. Waterproof down to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes (IPX7 rated). Runs on two AA batteries (not included). Micro-SD-card compatible. Compatible with all Garmin spine-mountable accessories (not included).
With high-sensitivity GPS and GLONASS satellite tracking, worldwide basemap with shaded relief and customizable buttons for 1-touch waypoint marking, Oregon 600 opens a new world of GPS mapping and positioning.