Garmin Trailhead Series -
The Garmin Trailhead Series-Appalachian Trail maps will help you prepare for your next trip on the AT. The 24K topographic maps for the Appalachian Trail feature terrain contours, topo elevations, summits, parks, coastlines, rivers, lakes, geographic points as well as a fully routable trail. This map includes coverage for the Appalachian Trail, plus 10 mi (16 km) of extended coverage on each side of the trail.
- Displays 3-D terrain shading and digital elevation model (DEM) shaded relief on compatible devices to help estimate terrain difficulty.
- Displays national, state and local parks, forests and wilderness areas.
- Shows detailed hydrographic features, including coastlines, lake/river shorelines, wetlands and perennial and seasonal streams.
- Provides highly detailed digital topographic maps for the Appalachian Trail, comparable to 1:24,000 scale USGS maps.
- Contains a fully routable trail from beginning to end, plus basic road coverage available as a reference.
- Includes searchable points of interests, such as campgrounds, scenic lookouts, picnic sites and businesses, as well as Arizona Trail Data Book Points (POIs along the trail), and hiking and biking trails.
- Features Bureau of Land Management township, range and section information and USGS quad locations.
Garmin has mapped every national, state and local park, forest, recreational and wildlife area along this continuous 800-plus mile diverse and scenic trail for the Arizona National Scenic Trail pre-programmed data card. From Arizona to Mexico, this trail links deserts, mountains, canyons, communities and people.