Garmin eTrex 20 -
Upgrades over the eTrex 10 include the 2.2" 65K color TFT display with 176x220-pixel resolution. Pre-loaded worldwide basemap supports Garmin custom maps and BirdsEye™ satellite imagery. Add optional mapping software via the micro SD card slot. High-sensitivity, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver with HotFix™ quickly acquires satellite locations. Compatible with.
spine-mounted accessories. Connect to your computer with the USB interface. Powered by two AA batteries (not included) for up to 20 hours.
Includes: eTrex 20, case, topo 100K card and USB cable.
Dimensions: 3.9"H x 2.1"W x 1.3"D.
Weight: 5 oz. for GPS unit only.
- The new eTrex 20 retains the core functionality, rugged construction, affordability and long battery life of the original eTrex
Support and Cushioning:
- eTrex 20 supports geocaching GPX files for downloading geocaches and details straight to your unit
Weather and Wind:
- Both durable and waterproof, the eTrex will withstand dust, dirt, humidity and water
- Expandable memory lets you use SD and microSD cards to maximize your experience
- Area calculation
- GLONASS is a system developed by the Russian Federation that will be fully operational in 2012
- Compatible with TOPO 24K, BirdsEye Satellite imagery and City Navigator NT maps
- Worldwide basemap
- The new eTrex series is the first-ever consumer-grade receivers that can track both GPS and GLONASS satellites simultaneously
- With an array of compatible mounts, eTrex 20 is designed for use on ATV’s, bicycles, in boats, as a handheld or in your car
- Photo navigation (navigate to geotagged photos)
- Includes eTrex 20 GPS unit, USB cable and manual
- Visit OpenCaching.com to start your geocaching adventure. By going paperless, you're not only helping the environment but also improving efficiency
- With its microSD card slot and 1.7 GB of internal memory, eTrex 20 lets you load maps and hit the trail
- Battery life up to 25 hours
- Sun and moon information
- Hunt/fish calendar
- eTrex 20 stores and displays key information, including location, terrain, difficulty, hints and descriptions, which means no more manually entering coordinates and paper print outs
- Add City Navigator NT maps to enable turn-by-turn driving directions
- eTrex 20 has an enhanced 2.2 in 65K color, sunlight readable display
- Garmin Connect compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data)
- Automatic routing (turn by turn routing on roads) (with optional mapping for detailed roads)
- Compatibility with paperless geocaching
- When using GLONASS satellites, the time it takes for the receiver to “lock on” to a position is (on average) approximately 20 percent faster than using GPS
- High-sensitivity, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver and HotFix satellite prediction, eTrex 20 locates your position quickly and maintains it even in heavy cover and deep canyons
- Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest)
- Using both GPS and GLONASS, the receiver has the ability to lock on to 24 more satellites than using GPS alone
The Garmin Etrex 20, based on one of the most popular and reliable handheld trail GPS unit on the market is now even better. This redesigned GPS has a more ergonomic grip, an easier to use interface, paperless geocaching and expanded mapping capabilities. The eTrex 20 is tough and built to last, it can withstand the elements - be it dust, dirt, humidity or water. It has a color sunlight readable display making it easy to use in any environment.
The eTrex 20 takes one of the most popular and reliable GPS handhelds and makes it better. Redesigned ergonomics, an easier-to-use interface, paperless geocaching and expanded mapping capabilities add up to serious improvements for an already legendary GPS handheld. The eTrex 20 is versatile. It's tough. And it’s built to handle whatever Mother Nature can dish out – and more.
Improving on one of the most reliable and popular handheld GPS devices, Garmin’s eTrex 20 GPS is equipped for a wide range of navigational needs from hiking to geocaching.
Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS)
An improved interface and worldwide basemap, the Garmin eTrex is an entirely new device poised for new adventures.