Garmin GPSMAP 62st -
The new pinnacle of handheld GPS technology has arrived in the form of the Garmin GPSMAP 62st. This newly designed handheld navigator features a 3-axis tilt-compensated compass, a barometric altimeter, preloaded 100K topo maps and supports Custom Maps, BirdsEye™ Satellite imagery (subscription required) and photo navigation. Rugged and waterproof, GPSMAP 62st employs a quad helix antenna for unparalleled reception, has a high-speed USB connection, a sleek new design and connects wirelessly to compatible Garmin handhelds.
Support and Cushioning:
- Geocaching friendly and supports GPX files
- A quad helix antenna, high sensitivity WAAS enabled GPS receiver, HotFix satellite prediction, and barometric altimeter make this one of the most accurate handheld GPS units ever made
- Garmin Connect makes sharing your trips easier than ever and you can even export your tracks to Google Earth and share on Twitter and Facebook!
- Comes preloaded with 100K topo of the United States for all of your stateside adventures
- Wirelessly connects to simarily equipped Garmin handhelds and can exchange tracks and routes instantly
- A 3-axis tilt-compensated compass shows your heading even when your not moving and without holding the unit level
- Built in 500 MB of memory and microSD card slot make this unit extremely versitile
In addition to all the features of the 62S, this model boasts pre-loaded detailed topo maps of the U.S. The ruggedly built workhorse of a GPS packs a wealth of Garmin's best features, including 3-D mapping capabilities, wireless connectivity and high-speed USB interface. The bright 2.6" sunlight-readable TFT color display has a 160x240-pixel resolution for graphics that pop and are easy to see in direct sunlight. Pre-loaded worldwide basemap with shaded relief supports Garmin custom maps. High-sensitivity receiver with HotFix™ speeds up satellite acquisition times. Wirelessly share routes, tracks, waypoints and geocaches between compatible units. Three-axis compass provides accurate headings without being held level. Barometric altimeter tracks changes in pressure to pinpoint your precise altitude and monitor weather conditions. Load optional mapping using the micro SD card slot. High-speed USB and serial interface. Waterproof design. Powered by two AA batteries (not included) for up to 20 hours.