Garmin 62st Handheld GPS Unit -
The GPSMAP 62st handheld navigator features a 3-axis tilt-compensated compass, a barometric altimeter, wireless connectivity, and comes preloaded with 100K topo maps of the US. This rugged and waterproof GPS utilizes a quad helix antenna for unparalleled reception in heavy cover and deep canyons. This handheld GPS contains all the tools for serious climbing, hiking or outdoor work and play.
Support and Cushioning:
- GPSMAP 62st supports geocaching GPX files for downloading geocaches and details straight to your unit, including location, terrain, difficulty, hints and descriptions.
- Quad helix antenna and high-sensitivity, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver and HotFix® satellite prediction, GPSMAP 62st locates your position quickly and precisely and maintains its GPS location even in heavy cover and deep canyons.
- Store and analyze your activities; With a simple connection to your computer and to the Internet, you can get a detailed analysis of your activities and send tracks to your outdoor device using Garmin Connect. This one-stop site offers an activity table and allows you to view your activities on a map using Google Earth. Explore other routes uploaded by millions of Garmin Connect users and share your experiences on social networking sites.
- The 62st is compatible with Custom Maps, free software that transforms paper and electronic maps into downloadable maps for your device.
- With its 1.7 gigabyte onboard memory, GPSMAP 62st lets you conveniently download 24K topo maps and hit the trail, plug in Blue Chart preloaded cards for a great day on the water or City Navigator map data for turn-by-turn routing on roads. (all sold separately)
- Built-in U.S. 100k topographic map detail includes national, state and local parks and forests, along with terrain contours, elevation information, trails, rivers, lakes and points of interest.
- Share your waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches wirelessly with other compatible Garmin device users, so now your friends can also enjoy your favorite hike or cache.
- A 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass, indicates your heading even when you?re standing still, without holding it level.
- Includes quick start guide, carabiner clip and USB cable.
- Onboard barometric altimeter tracks changes in pressure to pinpoint your precise altitude, and you can even use it to plot barometric pressure over time, which can help you keep an eye on changing weather conditions.
Incredibly sensitive and easy to use, the Garmin® 62s Handheld GPS Unit features a preloaded Worldwide DEM basemap plus Topo 100K; brilliant 65K color TFT display; crisp 160x240-pixel resolution; 1 GB internal usable memory; includes a variety of essential outdoor apps, including compass, altimeter, and wireless; high-speed USB serial interface; external GPS output; MicroSD card slot (card not included); and running 18 hours on two AA batteries (not included).
Manufacturer model #: 010-00868-02.