Garmin Oregon 550t -
If you're looking for the perfect multipurpose tool for your outdoor adventure, all you need is a rugged Oregon 550 or 550t GPS navigator, Garmin's first outdoor navigators to include built-in cameras, along with a 3-axis tilt-compensated compass that allows the unit to report an accurate heading even when not held in a level position. Built-in Camera: The 3.2 megapixel auto-focus camera has 4x digital zoom and automatically geotags each photo with the location where it was taken, allowing you to mark, remember and navigate back to the exact spot in the future. When you connect an Oregon 550 or 550t to a computer via USB and log on to my.Garmin.com, it will detect any photos. The myGarmin site makes it simple to select, upload and store photos on Picasa, a popular online photo sharing community for friends and families around the world. Detailed Topo Maps: A built-in DEM (digital elevation model) basemap on the Oregon 550 supports terrain shading and route elevation profiles to help you estimate terrain difficulty. And the Oregon 550t comes preloaded with detailed topographic maps and land elevation contours throughout the U.S. Coverage includes major trails, urban and rural roads, interstates, highways, coastlines, rivers and lakes as well as national, state and local parks, forests and wilderness areas. In addition, you can search for points of interest by name or proximity to your location. Plus, it contains descriptive details for features typically found on topographic maps, such as terrain contours, topo elevations, summits and geographical points. The Oregon 550 and 550t provide improved sunlight-readable touchscreen displays, and the high-sensitivity GPS receiver with HotFix satellite prediction helps locate your position quickly and precisely while maintaining its signal even in heavy cover and deep canyons.
Weather and Wind:
- Waterproof battery housing
- Durable and waterproof, Oregon 550t is built to withstand the elements
- Oregon 550t makes rugged navigation effortless with a tough, 3-inch diagonal, sunlight-readable, color touchscreen display.
- Capture locations and memories with Oregon 550t's 3.2 megapixel autofocus digital camera with 4x digital zoom. Each photo is automatically geotagged with the location of where it was taken, allowing you to navigate back to that exact spot in the future
- Comes preloaded with the U.S. 24K resolution topographical map
- 850 mb of internal memory
- Oregon 550t has a built-in 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass, which shows your heading even when you?re standing still, without holding it level.
- High-sensitivity, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver and HotFix satellite prediction, Oregon 550t locates your position quickly and precisely and maintains its GPS location even in heavy cover and deep canyons.
- With Oregon 550t you can share your waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches wirelessly other Oregon and Colorado users.
- Built-in U.S. topographic data for the continental U.S. and a worldwide basemap with shaded relief - all the tools for serious climbing or hiking. Map detail includes national, state and local parks and forests, along with terrain contours, elevation information, trails, rivers, lakes and points of interest.
- Barometric altimeter tracks changes in pressure to pinpoint your precise altitude, and you can even use it to plot barometric pressure over time, which can help you keep an eye on changing weather conditions
The navigator with photographic memory! Oregon 550t combines rugged outdoor touchscreen navigation with a 3.2 megapixel digital camera. Add preloaded U.S. topographical maps, high-sensitivity GPS, barometric altimeter, 3-axis electronic compass, and microSD card slot, and you get a multipurpose device that will make your biggest adventures even more memorable.
Oregon 550t's autofocus digital camera offers 4x digital zoom and automatically geotags each photo with the location of where it was taken, so you can navigate back to that exact spot. 850 MB of internal memory, USB cable, and microSD card slot make it easy to store and upload photos.
Built-in U.S. topographic data for the continental U.S. and a worldwide basemap with shaded relief includes national, state, and local parks and forests, along with terrain contours, elevation information, and points of interest. 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass shows your heading even when standing still. Barometric altimeter tracks changes in pressure to pinpont your precise altitude and keeps an eye on changing weather conditions. WAAS-enabled GPS receiver with HotFix satellite prediction locates your position quickly and precisely. Supports geocaching.com GPX files for downloading geocaches and details straight to your unit and wirelessly sharing with similar units. Save up to 2,000 waypoints, 200 routes, 200 tracks, and 10,000 track points.
Durable waterproof, and lightweight, the Oregon 550t has a tough 3" diagonal, sunlight-readable, color touchscreen display with 240 x 400 pixels. Unit measures 2.3"W x 4.5"H x 1.4"D. Operates up to 16 hrs. on 2 AA batteries.