Garmin Oregon 550t -
If you're looking for the perfect multipurpose tool for your outdoor adventure, all you need is a rugged Oregon 550 or 550t GPS navigator, Garmin's first outdoor navigators to include built-in cameras, along with a 3-axis tilt-compensated compass that allows the unit to report an accurate heading even when not held in a level position. Built-in Camera: The 3.2 megapixel auto-focus camera has 4x digital zoom and automatically geotags each photo with the location where it was taken, allowing you to mark, remember and navigate back to the exact spot in the future. When you connect an Oregon 550 or 550t to a computer via USB and log on to my.Garmin.com, it will detect any photos. The myGarmin site makes it simple to select, upload and store photos on Picasa, a popular online photo sharing community for friends and families around the world. Detailed Topo Maps: A built-in DEM (digital elevation model) basemap on the Oregon 550 supports terrain shading and route elevation profiles to help you estimate terrain difficulty. And the Oregon 550t comes preloaded with detailed topographic maps and land elevation contours throughout the U.S. Coverage includes major trails, urban and rural roads, interstates, highways, coastlines, rivers and lakes as well as national, state and local parks, forests and wilderness areas. In addition, you can search for points of interest by name or proximity to your location. Plus, it contains descriptive details for features typically found on topographic maps, such as terrain contours, topo elevations, summits and geographical points. The Oregon 550 and 550t provide improved sunlight-readable touchscreen displays, and the high-sensitivity GPS receiver with HotFix satellite prediction helps locate your position quickly and precisely while maintaining its signal even in heavy cover and deep canyons.
Weather and Wind:
- Waterproof battery housing
- Durable and waterproof, Oregon 550t is built to withstand the elements
- High-sensitivity, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver and HotFix satellite prediction, Oregon 550t locates your position quickly and precisely and maintains its GPS location even in heavy cover and deep canyons.
- Built-in U.S. topographic data for the continental U.S. and a worldwide basemap with shaded relief - all the tools for serious climbing or hiking. Map detail includes national, state and local parks and forests, along with terrain contours, elevation information, trails, rivers, lakes and points of interest.
- Oregon 550t makes rugged navigation effortless with a tough, 3-inch diagonal, sunlight-readable, color touchscreen display.
- With Oregon 550t you can share your waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches wirelessly other Oregon and Colorado users.
- Barometric altimeter tracks changes in pressure to pinpoint your precise altitude, and you can even use it to plot barometric pressure over time, which can help you keep an eye on changing weather conditions
- Comes preloaded with the U.S. 24K resolution topographical map
- Capture locations and memories with Oregon 550t's 3.2 megapixel autofocus digital camera with 4x digital zoom. Each photo is automatically geotagged with the location of where it was taken, allowing you to navigate back to that exact spot in the future
- 850 mb of internal memory
- Oregon 550t has a built-in 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass, which shows your heading even when you?re standing still, without holding it level.
Setting a new standard for convenience and performance, this unit features the autofocusing, 3.2-megapixel digital camera and premium, highly detailed Topo 100K pre-loaded maps. Get automatic geotagging, photo navigation, a tilt-compensating three-axis compass, and high-grade portrait and landscape photos in the palm of your hand. Its rugged, waterproof touch screen simplifies navigation with its one-touch user interface that doesn't use any hard-to-see buttons or cursors. By shedding traditional controls, the Oregon series is extremely lightweight and simple to use. New user-friendly programming also means you don't need to be a topography expert to find your way. Digital Elevation Mapping shades map elevations, allowing users to easily pick out a real-world point-of-reference based on the altitudinal differences depicted on screen. The built-in Routable DEM basemap navigates you around the world. High-resolution 400x240-pixel display generates detailed map images. Wirelessly exchange routes, tracks, waypoints, geocaches and images with other GPS units. Fix your position quickly with the pinpoint accuracy of the high-sensitivity GPS receiver. Stores 1,000 waypoints, 50 routes and 10,000 track logs. Expand the unit's memory with a removable micro SD card (not included). Image viewer displays pictures from your micro SD card. Download new data from your computer easily using the included USB cable. Runs 15 hours on two AA batteries (NiMH or lithium batteries recommended, not included).
Weight: 6.8 oz.
Dimensions: 4.4"H x 2.4"W x 1.4"D.
The navigator with photographic memory! Oregon 550t combines rugged outdoor touchscreen navigation with a 3.2 megapixel digital camera. Add preloaded U.S. topographical maps, high-sensitivity GPS, barometric altimeter, 3-axis electronic compass and microSD™ card slot, and what do you get? A multipurpose device that will make your biggest adventures even more memorable.