Gefen PACS Professional Automation Control System -
The Gefen PACS Professional Automation Control System is an RS-232 and IR to IP Gateway, which lets you easily connect all of these devices to your network. The PACS Professional Automation Control System allows IP control of Gefen devices using RS-232 or IR and other A/V devices (displays, Blu-ray players, cable/satellite boxes, lighting systems, motorized screens, etc.) from any web-enabled smartphone, Wi-Fi tablet, laptop, or automation system.
The web user interface allows IR, RS-232 and 12 V trigger commands to be sent by the PACS to the connected devices to execute the desired functions. The configurable IR, RS-232 and 12 V DC trigger signals allow the PACS to be compatible with most A/V devices. The PACS can learn, store and manage IR commands of different manufacturers' remotes. The 12 V DC triggers are highly configurable to work with the different requirements of various devices. Use with the new Gefen A/V Automation System Processor to create a complete control system.
Connect the serial-controlled devices to the PACS RS-232 outputs and plug the IR emitters into the PACS and place the LED emitters close to the IR sensors of the A/V devices to be controlled. Connect trigger leads of various devices to the trigger outputs on the back panel. Connect the locking power supply to the PACS. Connect an Ethernet cable between the PACS and the local network. Access the web interface by typing in the correct IP address on the web browser. Configure the control interfaces (IR, RS-232, 12 V triggers) via your web browser. Configure the Automation System to send commands to the PACS via IP.
Support and Cushioning:
- Configurable Ethernet input supports Web browsers, Telnet, UDP and TCP/IP
- Web Control with Graphic User Interface is designed to be viewed and controlled by home automation devices, computers and mobile devices (e.g. cell phones with Internet browsers)
- Store and manage IR commands from manufacturer remotes and access them via the Web control interface
- Control A/V devices using IR, RS-232 control and 12 V DC triggers over a Web-based IP control system
- 10 trigger outputs (+12V DC; floating, or ground-referenced)
- Manage and control up to three RS-232 devices via Telnet or UDP interface
- Eight discrete IR emitter outputs for multiple device control and IR routing
- Learns IR commands from manufacturers' remotes through front-panel IR receiver
- Rack-mountable (using Gefen EXT-RACK-1U Rack Tray)